Company Resposibility when you reach 15hours [Merged]

Hi All,
I work for a well known supermarket logistics distribution company based in South East U.K.
I’ll try to make this as short as possible .
I set off in my LGV to the Isle Of Wight. Unable to get any earlier ferry back to Southampton we (another driver in another Unit) had to get the ferry we were booked onto. That was the 10:30am ferry.
As I clocked on at 23:45 the previous evening I had exactly 3 hours to get back to north Kent as the ferry docked at 11:45am.
With traffic problems and withthe company very regularly contacted even from Isle Of Wight before ferry departed, we ran out of hours stopping at Clacket Lane services between jct 6/5 on M25. Approx 40 miles for DC.
Our company sent out a van with 3 persons on board. Two got out and drove the LGV’s back to the yard. The van driver drove off also alone. Leaving myself and my colleague sitting on the kerb with a total of £2:60 between us.
Company said your out of hours your tacho are out. Not our problem how you get home.
With no wallet as I don’t take mine to work. I had to phone my Son who himself had to leave work , go home to get my wallet to take to a taxi office to pay for taxi to collect us both. Company refused to pay taxi fare £64:00.
We got back to work at 17:15pm. Handed in paperwork getting home at 18:00.
I had to clock on at 23:45 the same night as company said I started my rest at the service station at 14:35 when I took my tacho out…
Andy

andyatmorri:
Hi All,
I work for a well known supermarket logistics distribution company based in South East U.K.
I set off in my LGV to the Isle Of Wight. Unable to get any earlier ferry back to Southampton we (another driver in another Unit) had to get the ferry we were booked onto. That was the 10:30am ferry.
As I clocked on at 23:45 the previous evening I had exactly 3 hours to get back to north Kent as the ferry docked at 11:45am.
With traffic problems and withthe company very regularly contacted even from Isle Of Wight before ferry departed, we ran out of hours stopping at Clacket Lane services between jct 6/5 on M25. Approx 40 miles for DC.
Our company sent out a van with 3 persons on board. Two got out and drove the LGV’s back to the yard. The van driver drove off also alone. Leaving myself and my colleague sitting on the kerb with a total of £2:60 between us.
Company said your out of hours your tacho are out. Not our problem how you get home.
With mo wallet as I don’t take mine to work. I had to phone my Son who himself had to leave work , go home to get my wallet to take to a taxi office to pay for taxi to collect us both. Company refused to pay taxi fare £64:00.
I had to clock on at 23:45 the same night as company said I started my rest at the service station at 14:35 when I took my tacho out…
Andy

And they wonder why no-one wants to do the job.

andyatmorri:
Hi All,
With no wallet as I don’t take mine to work. I had to phone my Son who himself had to leave work , go home to get my wallet to take to a taxi office to pay for taxi to collect us both. Company refused to pay taxi fare £64:00.
Andy

Yea and every man/ dog say we should get a job doing store deliveries . Short hours / well paid :laughing: :laughing:

andyatmorri:
Hi All,
Andy

I too work for a supermarket based in Avonmouth and very occasionally due to traffic problems we run out of hours but we are just left alone to night out in the unit but the trailer may get picked up, also i carry about £50 in cash which would cover a night out and a meal and breakfast.

What an awful company you must work for .

That’s fine but in a Day Cab, no sleeping area.

andyatmorri:
Hi All,
Andy

Why didn’t you grow a pair and go back with them in the van or stay with the truck until transport was arranged? Why didn’t you tell them to shove their 2345 up their hole?

A.

So the two guys drove the trucks back to the yard, me in that position would be welded to the passenger seat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok,
Day Cab so could stay with vehicle. As I understand it after 15 hours you cannot travel in a company vehicle (law) even as passenger. But no accommodation at these services even if we had money.

ben.blakemore:
So the two guys drove the trucks back to the yard, me in that position would be welded to the passenger seat

Why anyone wouldn’t be is beyond me, makes me think he’s either thicker than a whale omelette or this didn’t happen.

A.

As I said transport was arranged. The trucks were taken back leaving us at service area

4 empty seats going back to yard? Is it me?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

andyatmorri:
Ok,
Day Cab so could stay with vehicle. As I understand it after 15 hours you cannot travel in a company vehicle (law) even as passenger. But no accommodation at these services even if we had money.

So you stuck the letter of some pishy law that stopped you getting home?

You would rather sit on the pavement than get home, just wow.

Are you dense?

A.

We didn’t stick to the law , stupid as it is. We asked drivers to take us back . Rescue drivers were clearly instructed to leave us. So stick that up your A.

andyatmorri:
We didn’t stick to th else. Rescue drivers were clearly instructed to leave us. So stick that up your A.

They were told to leave you and you are so spineless you never told them that you’re going with them and still turn up to work for a company that treats you like that?

How does it feel to be so weak?

A.

This guy is not real or the full ticket,or is trying to take over the top spot for trolling from Dozy

A.
You clearly don’t know the law as you’ve not quoted anything that is relevant to a worker that works within the law.

Your probably a taxi driver at most. Probably only part time at that.

You should have stayed in the truck then upon arrival at the yard had a lengthy discussion with the transport manager

andyatmorri:
A.
You clearly don’t know the law as you’ve not quoted anything that is relevant to a worker that works within the law.

Your probably a taxi driver at most. Probably only part time at that.

You sit on pavements in services you pathetic pencil necked weasel.

A.

I’ve ended up plenty of times with no money after getting ■■■■■■ up and I’ve always found taxi drivers ok , just paid them when I got home , assuming Mrs hasn’t locked door :laughing: :laughing:

Didn’t happen.

TROLL RADAR.gif