Oops - lorry stuck in York

yorkpress.co.uk/news/1547488 … re_street/

Good effort :laughing:

It does look like a really tight bend and a narrow road…not. :smiley:

FFS! :open_mouth:

This is the view of where he got stuck.

Gets around doesn’t he…

Only last week he was overturning lorries full of fertilizer in country lanes.

Agency :smiley:

It is obvious where he has gone wrong, doesn’t take a genius to see but here yet again there is someone with a camera to capture it and ridicule the poor chap to the masses. Everyone can now analyse the picture pointing out the obvious and scoffing at the unfortunate cretin.

UKtramp:
It is obvious where he has gone wrong, doesn’t take a genius to see but here yet again there is someone with a camera to capture it and ridicule the poor chap to the masses. Everyone can now analyse the picture pointing out the obvious and scoffing at the unfortunate cretin.

agree

madmackem:

And a view before he got stuck, one way street right hand lane to get to where he got stuck, left hand lane is usually backed up with traffic so may not have had the space to swing out.

IMG_0180.PNG

weeto:

madmackem:

And a view before he got stuck, one way street right hand lane to get to where he got stuck, left hand lane is usually backed up with traffic so may not have had the space to swing out.

Can’t quite work out what he was doing there. Left at those lights is that low bridge so didn’t come from that way.

That junction is a ■■■■ if he needed to swing out, which he would have.

madmackem:

weeto:

madmackem:

Can’t quite work out what he was doing there. Left at those lights is that low bridge so didn’t come from that way.

That junction is a [zb] if he needed to swing out, which he would have.

Even if he got caught out by an unfamiliar junction like I’m sure we all have done one time or another you don’t just plough on and get yourself stuck like that I mean ffs it’s on his good side so he’d have a birds eye view of said bollards.

madmackem:

weeto:

madmackem:

You go under the arch to get to the junction he got stuck at and used by double decker busses so not low, he may have been delivering to howarth timber on Leeman road which has only 1 route in and out, this is the route out.
I would say it is his first time there as anyone that knows would use part of the left lane to swing wide to avoid getting into that situation, it is a tight turn if your only using the right hand lane to get round. A overhead view of the road.

IMG_0181.PNG

weeto:

madmackem:

weeto:

madmackem:

You go under the arch to get to the junction he got stuck at and used by double decker busses so not low, he may have been delivering to howarth timber on Leeman road which has only 1 route in and out, this is the route out.
I would say it is his first time there as anyone that knows would use part of the left lane to swing wide to avoid getting into that situation, it is a tight turn if your only using the right hand lane to get round. A overhead view of the road.

If you’re on about the timber place next to the hire car yard, he def did not come out that way. The bridge by the post office is lower than the one on the other side of the timber yard.

EDIT: I stand corrected. The other bridge is lower,I though it was about 13’. I’m wrong

:blush: :blush:

The small minded really do have to get out more :unamused: Problem with this country is that we turn all mole hills into dramas, they were not even mole hills.
The media want burning with fire and acid…They provide the oxygen for the caustic minds and it can only end in one way…Harmful…No need, just no need.

att:
The small minded really do have to get out more :unamused: Problem with this country is that we turn all mole hills into dramas, they were not even mole hills.
The media want burning with fire and acid…They provide the oxygen for the caustic minds and it can only end in one way…Harmful…No need, just no need.

Same over here, you only have to sneeze and there’s a hundred tossers with cameras coming out of the woodwork.

Looks like a typical junction to me. A competent driver approaches, assess, and deals with (tricky) junctions every day, without drama. Looking at the various pictures, I can only conclude that the driver got it wrong.