TruckNav problems

Hardly use it just for backup on new routes i do really. Anyway last week something come up on screen along lines of file not supported or something, next thing it knocks off and when I turned it back on it started up as if just bought it. Had to go through all the setup again just a pain as I had my regular new drops saved as favourites and it wiped everything off it! Probably used it three times maximum.

UKTramp will be along in a minute, to explain where you went wrong.

I sure a certain forum member will soon be telling you that you should of been using co-pilot as this sort of thing wouldn’t happen [emoji851]

This is quite obviously a case of using a standard over priced ridiculous SatNav. My diagnosis would be to dump the old thing and get with the program. You will never have to suffer this with CoPilot. That is a fact. I cannot express my feelings high enough towards switching to CoPilot. It is rather like an old friend, it will never let you down and will always be there for you through thick and thin.

Most on here will know what I am going to say LOL

Throw the f*****g thing away, get a road atlas and use the navigation on the google map app on your smart phone. Sat navs are a total waste of money, if you need one you are in the wrong job.

Pat Hasler:

Throw the f*****g thing away, get a road atlas and use the navigation on the google map app on your smart phone. Sat navs are a total waste of money, if you need one you are in the wrong job.

Essentially I agree that stand alone SatNav as we know them, the Tom Tom, Garmin & Snooper are unnecessary and way over priced for what they do. It amazes me that Tom Tom are literally giving their units away to anyone for free to advertise them for them. You now have people trying to convince us that they are great who normally wouldn’t even have or use a SatNav. As they have been given one they are willing to sell out & say how fantastic they are but yet have never bought or owned one. A unit that costs £30 to produce and they stick a retail price of £299 on it. Wake up and smell the coffee people. CoPilot truck app is the best thing since sliced bread. It is a fraction of the cost of one of these stand alone units and has more features than them. You are not a real trucker until you have this app, you will never reach the dizzy height of success with a Tom Tom. Only CoPilot truck can give you this.

Go on ebay as they sell truck sat navs around £35 to £50, I bought one 3 years ago & its still working great. It is similar to the sat nav used in the new Ivecos & use the igo system

ValleysTrucker:
just a pain as I had my regular new drops saved as favourites and it wiped everything off it!

Why would you need to use a satnav for your regular drops ■■

the nodding donkey:
UKTramp will be along in a minute, to explain where you went wrong.

yea he has a degree in satnativity and was chief designer of the satellite software but wont brag about it … :slight_smile:

UKtramp:

Pat Hasler:

Essentially I agree that stand alone SatNav as we know them, the Tom Tom, Garmin & Snooper are unnecessary and way over priced for what they do. It amazes me that Tom Tom are literally giving their units away to anyone for free to advertise them for them. You now have people trying to convince us that they are great who normally wouldn’t even have or use a SatNav. As they have been given one they are willing to sell out & say how fantastic they are but yet have never bought or owned one. A unit that costs £30 to produce and they stick a retail price of £299 on it. Wake up and smell the coffee people. CoPilot truck app is the best thing since sliced bread. It is a fraction of the cost of one of these stand alone units and has more features than them. You are not a real trucker until you have this app, you will never reach the dizzy height of success with a Tom Tom. Only CoPilot truck can give you this.

+1, I have to agree. 2 weeks free trial, then 8.99 per month, you can’t go wrong

raymundo:

ValleysTrucker:
just a pain as I had my regular new drops saved as favourites and it wiped everything off it!

I always set it even if I know where I’m going. Handy for knowing time of arrival and traffic info

Pat Hasler:

■■■■■■■■. Sat Navs are brilliant when combined with common sense. With mine I put the route in and then check the route, make alterations to the route, use in coordination with google maps etc. They also give you live service traffic info. A good example is going from Peterborough to Brighton. Basically you’ve got the option of going either way around the M25. So what I do is go straight down the A1 (A14 Huntingdon to Cambridge is ■■■■ now anyway) and monitor the traffic updates on the sat nav, then I have the option of going either way round the M25 just prior to hitting it.

raymundo:

ValleysTrucker:

What I meant was it will become a regular route every so often.Just saved it for first few times until I know the route.

jbaz73:

UKtramp:

Pat Hasler:

+1, I have to agree. 2 weeks free trial, then 8.99 per month, you can’t go wrong

I always use copilot till I get a couple of roads away and then switch to Google maps to take me to the door. Never failed me yet.