Steam fair

Once again it is the annual great Dorset steam fair at blandford. A warning to expect a Dvsa presence for the next few weeks.

Already pulling vehicles in on the A354 near salisbury today. I work out of the yard they are using for the weighbridge some of the stuff I’m seeing is laughable.

Tell us more - pictures required

The great Dorset steam fair is well worth a visit, Its best to stay for the weekend if you want to see everything https://www.gdsf.co.uk

I knew a bloke who got run over by a steam engine. He was chuffed to bits.

I bet you could see the steam coming out of his ears

Those dunces at DVSA. Traction engines don’t have tachos. They’ll be well unhappy when they find out. They’ll look like right Wollies.

Unfortunately no pictures but I have seen a 7.5 flatbed with a caravan welded to the bed. And several overweight caravans.

And what as I can only describe as a few multicoloured mobile home buses being pulled and that was in the short space of time I was there this morning. I will let you know more when I see them.

Aurri:
Unfortunately no pictures but I have seen a 7.5 flatbed with a caravan welded to the bed.

And what’s wrong with that ? How dare you throw cold water on my retirement plans :laughing:

The DVSA should do more of this and, with a bit of luck, no-one will bother going and everyone can just stay indoors tossing themselves off on the internet.

manski:

Aurri:
Unfortunately no pictures but I have seen a 7.5 flatbed with a caravan welded to the bed.

And what’s wrong with that ? How dare you throw cold water on my retirement plans :laughing:

It wasn’t very wobbly for a caravan :smiley:

Own Account Driver:
The DVSA should do more of this and, with a bit of luck, no-one will bother going and everyone can just stay indoors tossing themselves off on the internet.

Even if nobody else does, I got the bitter irony and sarcasm here. :stuck_out_tongue:

I love a good steam show, reminds me of the days when I was chief designer for ideal boilers and developed a new way of generating steam power into electricity. I was on the team that developed the steam turbines that you see today in modern day generating stations. We turned from steam to gas, absolutely fascinating stuff.

Harry Monk:
I knew a bloke who got run over by a steam engine. He was chuffed to bits.

:laughing:

UKtramp:
I love a good steam show, reminds me of the days when I was chief designer for ideal boilers and developed a new way of generating steam power into electricity. I was on the team that developed the steam turbines that you see today in modern day generating stations. We turned from steam to gas, absolutely fascinating stuff.

:grimacing:

manski:

Aurri:

That had crossed my mind as well with a trailer on the back for the bike. Sounds like a plan to me :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , sadly not to my wife :frowning: :frowning:

They were pulling over the travelling community today,wonder if those fines will be paid…?

knight2:

manski:

Aurri:

That had crossed my mind as well with a trailer on the back for the bike. Sounds like a plan to me :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , sadly not to my wife :frowning: :frowning:

Time to find a new wife…

No chance. Couldn’t do that ,looking forward to the next forty three years. :smiley: :smiley:

knight2:
No chance. Couldn’t do that ,looking forward to the next forty three years. :smiley: :smiley:

Without a campervan with a bike on the back…:slight_smile:

Yeah, I’ve got the bike so I’m halfway there and a happy bunny :smiley: :smiley: