Another Felixstowe haulier bites the dust

ipswichstar.co.uk/news/more- … -1-5147074

More than 100 jobs lost as Felixstowe-based Searon Logistics goes into administration

Old news, keep up at the back.

zaax:
http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/more-than-100-jobs-lost-as-felixstowe-based-searon-logistics-goes-into-administration-1-5147074

More than 100 jobs lost as Felixstowe-based Searon Logistics goes into administration

Race to the bottom.

By all accounts Goldstar/ turners have taken the drivers and trucks on on minimum wage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beetee07:
By all accounts Goldstar/ turners have taken the drivers and trucks on on minimum wage.

In the next couple of years I reckon this job won’t be far off a minimum wage job :frowning:

Too many fools driving for peanuts :neutral_face:

eagerbeaver:

beetee07:

In the next couple of years I reckon this job won’t be far off a minimum wage job :frowning:

have to agree on that glad I’ve only got 2 years and 26 days to go ( not that I’m counting) [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

beetee07:

eagerbeaver:

beetee07:

have to agree on that glad I’ve only got 2 years and 26 days to go ( not that I’m counting) [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I’m the same just under 2 years to go now can’t wait to hang up the keys. [emoji106]

beetee07:

eagerbeaver:

beetee07:

2years and 25 now :laughing:

It isn’t just us counting down the days, the vast majority of mature coppers (not the common purpose trained shiny arsed top brass)…another group no longer allowed to do the job they signed up for all those years ago…can’t wait till their day arrives.

shocked how anyone makes money on the boxes, running legal, i lost £5k in 3 months, sod that lol

burnley-si:
shocked how anyone makes money on the boxes, running legal, i lost £5k in 3 months, sod that lol

A very interesting comment. I always thought subbing on boxes was the lowest paid work going, and that confirms it.

Please explain though how some operators seem to run boxes with brand new, powerful gear.

Same can be said for ferry trailers, i thought the rates were also crap yet some firms run around in big brand new gear.

burnley-si:

Boxes seems to be the work of choice for o/d’s around my parts, just run old bangers doing local 40 mile or less work in & out of the rail terminal so minimal fuel outlay.