Dvla information

Hi, today I received a letter from the dvla. It said due to information from a 3rd party, I have to answer questions about drink and drug abuse and consent to my gp being asked for a report. Does this mean somebody can anonymously ring dvla and tell them things maliciously?

Ex ? , zb nightmare they can be

Which one are you going to recommend ■■? :slight_smile:

Can be from a Dr if he thinks your a hazard to others, Bit like if they put you on certain medication they have to inform Swansea.

Minger:
Hi, today I received a letter from the dvla. It said due to information from a 3rd party, I have to answer questions about drink and drug abuse and consent to my gp being asked for a report. Does this mean somebody can anonymously ring dvla and tell them things maliciously?

Of course they can! How would you propose to stop them? I don’t think the technology exists to block individual calls on the basis that they are being made maliciously.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Minger:

Whats your concern if you are clean and have nothing to hide :question: :confused:

lolipop:

Minger:

Whats your concern if you are clean and have nothing to hide :question: :confused:

Ah, the old “if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear”… just bend over sir, if there’s nothing hidden up your bottom, you’ll be on your way in a moment.

So, a drink or drug problem can be determined (not conclusive mind) by testing. But an a anonymous allegation of ■■■■, or child molestation, can not. And for that reason, anonymous allegations s should be stopped.

Who said the information that triggered DVLA’s letter was anonymous?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

i phoned dvla to ask who made allegation but they wouldnt tell me due to data protection

Not a good situation at all to find yourself in. I would never reveal on here my place of work or anything about me in real life for the very reason that some low life would stoop so low as to try and take away a mans livelihood by malice. The DVLA will react to any information they receive, they have too in the name of public safety. Strengthens my case for the DVLA to only accept medicals from your own GP. Chances are he would know of any drug or alcohol dependency thus not taking this kind of malicious information too seriously.