Tacho time out by 2 minutes, how to adjust

Seimens VDO tacho, circa 2012/13, i can set the local time for UTC etc by the usual 30 minute increments easily for BST changes, but how to you advance or subtract the 2 minutes to put the clock exactly right please.
I seem to recall you can only alter by 1 minute a week, which wouldn’t bother me but it does bother me that it isn’t showing the exact time.

And some bugger will find it bugs them it’s not the same as their watch and change it back :laughing:

nick2008:
And some bugger will find it bugs them it’s not the same as their watch and change it back :laughing:

That i doubt, i end up having to do the ninja shuffle slipping into me lorry unseen and bugger off sharpish twice a year or i end setting setting half the fleet’s tachos for summer/winter time :unamused:

Having said that :laughing:

Don’t worry [emoji6]
My tachometer is the same and I went to change it last week and added another minute on by mistake [emoji32]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blue estate:
Don’t worry [emoji6]
My tachometer is the same and I went to change it last week and added another minute on by mistake [emoji32]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, a man that knows.
Righto, i’ll take the chance of doing it wrong (guaranteed in fact :unamused: ), but how to you adjust minute increments?

Go into the Tacho menu Juddian and look for local time adjust, you can do it incrementally from there.

Disclaimer; as I’m currently in one of Brakes holding cells this information was given from memory so may or may not be worthless! :wink:

the maoster:
Go into the Tacho menu Juddian and look for local time adjust, you can do it incrementally from there.

Disclaimer; as I’m currently in one of Brakes holding cells this information was given from memory so may or may not be worthless! :wink:

I’ve been in local time Maoster, but all i could adjust was the 30 minute increments either way, OK i know i’m as thick as two planks and more than likely the minute adjustment sub menu was staring me in the face but buggered if i could fathom it :unamused:

Brakes holding cell sounds a grim place to be, could be worse could be me :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: , in that case go into the UTC time submenu and change it from there. I know it’s one or the other as I moved mine back by a minute a few weeks ago.

Juddian…

Get a slightly bigger hammer and hit it much much harder.

the maoster:
:smiley: :smiley: , in that case go into the UTC time submenu and change it from there. I know it’s one or the other as I moved mine back by a minute a few weeks ago.

I shall look again tomorrow on this fabled UTC submenu through me poor old mince pies, when i can’t find it i shall throw a hissy fit, mince off home in a huff, and report back here tomorrow for further instructions.
Thanks anyway, hope the duty solicitor calls soon and gets you resealed on bale… :wink:

:wink: who’s going to mention the speeling above? :smiling_imp:

Not me, I have a particular fondness for a resealed bale. :wink:

yourhavingalarf:
Juddian…

Get a slightly bigger hammer and hit it much much harder.

Funny you should mention that, i’ll fish the unofficial :wink: mallet out and use that for fine adjustment.

Much obliged to me learned fiend :sunglasses:

As said on lots of car forums rtfm.

Go into the menu and scroll down to “Entry Vehicle” then scroll down to “UTC correct”.

As you said, you can only change the UTC time by + or- 1 minute per week.

tachograph:
Go into the menu and scroll down to “Entry Vehicle” then scroll down to “UTC correct”.

As you said, you can only change the UTC time by + or- 1 minute per week.

Thanks, i shall try again tomorrow, i’ve been into the menu but have failed each time to find UTC Correct (going bloody senile :unamused: ), here’s hoping better luck next time.
Much obliged.

I tell you I really do .

Some bugger will slip in next week and change it again :wink: :wink:

nick2008:
I tell you I really do .

Some bugger will slip in next week and change it again :wink: :wink:

I’m getting a complan here, you got someone at my place lined up for this mental sabotage :smiling_imp: :laughing:

If so i’ll scupper 'em by adjusting it once a week 5 minutes later on the same day as the previous week :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: hah!

Good luck Juddian , I too have a similar problem , mines a Siemens head , every time I get into said menu something goes wrong .
I will watch your case with interest.
Jim

JFC999:
Good luck Juddian , I too have a similar problem , mines a Siemens head , every time I get into said menu something goes wrong .
I will watch your case with interest.
Jim

Now i’m worried :open_mouth: , gonna leave it till i get back tomorrow afternoon and whipped me card out :bulb:

With the ignition on, press ‘ok’ to enter the main menu.
Press the down arrow key (v) four times until ’ entry vehicle’ is displayed.
Press ‘ok’ and ‘OUT begin’ will be displayed.
Press down arrow key three times until ‘UTC correct’ is shown.
Press ‘ok’ and ‘correction +1min’ will be shown. The ‘+1min’ will be flashing
If you need to add a minute simply press ‘ok’ if you need to subtract a minute press the down Arrow key then press ‘ok.’
Display will show '‘entry stored’ and return to ‘UTC correct.’
Keep pressing the ‘go back’ key (a left facing arrow with a dot in front of it) until you get back to the default display.

You can only adjust UTC by one minute per week, so this is going to take 2 weeks to get the clock sorted. You cannot adjust seconds.

Suggest you do this without your driver card in the tacho, otherwise it can cause issues with the time/activity record.