Who Overtakes you the most?

Interested to find out whether other driver’s experiences are similar to mine.

I do night trunking and the trucks that overtake me most often are;

The overnight parcel delivery guys are always desperate to overtake everyone…Yodel, TNT and Hermes (usually driven by Mark Thompson units).

Also always get passed at speed by all of the McBurney wagons (what are they running on!!!)…and a few of the green gang.

In the mornings, towards the end of my nightshift, predictably it’s the Tippers …both the Class 2’s and the Class 1 Bulk Tippers that leave me in their wake!!

Who overtakes you most often??

Yodel
Any parcel firm in fact
Royal Mail
Langdons
Any Irish firm

bald bloke:
Yodel
Any parcel firm in fact
Royal Mail
Langdons
Any Irish firm

Nothing changes then :grimacing:

I drive for a supermarket so everyone and anyone overtakes me. Seriously, I can’t remember passing anyone in the last week.

sent using smoke signals

I do… Get used to it!

Anything Scottish, Irish, and bulkers, someone on here did a post about Mark Thompson, well they do more than 56mph as well.
Funny thing thou, when I’m on the A17 Newark to Kings Lynn, all the Irish and Scottish motors sit at about 45. Maybe they can only drive in straight lines?

DPD & Royal Mail don’t hang around and that’s for obvious reasons I suppose.

You can’t possibly know the meaning of over taking and being over taken unless you’d done job and finish night trunking before limiters were brought in.With BRS’ 3300’s running on the Coca Cola contract or the Independent Express MAN’s then being about as quick as it got including the Irish wagons. :wink:

Ever since I had new tyres on the drive axle a week or so ago I seem to have the edge again. Just a little more in reserve when dealing with the elephant racers !

kindle530:
Anything Scottish, Irish, and bulkers, someone on here did a post about Mark Thompson, well they do more than 56mph as well.
Funny thing thou, when I’m on the A17 Newark to Kings Lynn, all the Irish and Scottish motors sit at about 45. Maybe they can only drive in straight lines?

And when you get to a stretch of dual carriageway they put foot to the floor so you can’t pass them .

At 52 mph just about everyone apart from the poor sods limited to 50mph.

Tesco seem to be slowing down again :frowning:

kindle530:
Maybe they can only drive in straight lines?

:smiley: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

this is me at present, I have returned to driving after many years and I am still quite ‘rusty’/lacking in confidence with my driving/handling so I take it quite slowly and carefully…once on a straight line then I relax HAHAHAHA

I’m stuck at 52 as well so most wagons.

Only guys I really go past is Morrison’s, Sainsbury’s and the odd port of tyne when up that way. The other odd wagon too but half the time I assume it’s an agency driver milking their shift for every minute it’s worth…

Only Tangs in V8 Swedish , the yellow Hermes and some Irish trucks

Gillberry:

kindle530:

And when you get to a stretch of dual carriageway they put foot to the floor so you can’t pass them .

Yep! Every time.

I spend most of my time overtaking my truck is limited to 56mph but the sat nav says 57 and not sure what is correct but I never get overtaken except by coaches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As mentioned,Mark Thompson for sheer quantity,followed by DPD and the ubiquitous Tuffnell’s wagon & drags :wink:

If it’s in the M6 road"works" you can pretty much guarantee that a Howden’s will appear and muscle past. Otherwise it’s mostly Irish/Scottish fridges. I’ve got fairly new tyres on my unit, so she goes well. Tippers and bulkers seem to take the biggest slice of downhill assistance.

Anybody with a faster truck than me :exclamation: :exclamation: