Another one bites the bush

gazetteandherald.co.uk/news/ … ide_homes/

:open_mouth: you couldn’t make it up … this is baffoonery on a grand scale :open_mouth:

:unamused:

Of course it’ll fit, we’ve had bigger than that down here driver…

R143-500:
:shock: you couldn’t make it up … this is baffoonery on a grand scale :open_mouth:

Well he’s delivering fertiliser which I assume is going to a farm so going up some narrow country lane is commonplace for that type of delivery. I used to deliver polystyrene packing boxes to farms and you wouldn’t believe some of the places you had to go up. Single track which followed the lines of fields usually meaning tight 90 degree bends were quite common. Some of them were so bad we used to go with urban trailers on.

Fertilizer…

To farms has always been an adventure but, trying to turn there is buffoonery.

Used to work for a haulier that collected from farms,the places you were sent were unreal,many lads came unstuck and manager would not get proper address details just a map with an arrow pointing at the location :open_mouth:
I got sick of asking for contact numbers for deliverys as if it looked dodgy I liked to ring to see if I was ok to carry on…

I thought this was going to be about the Wincanton container truck that bit the bushes, literally, just ahead of a layby on the A11 eastbound earlier this week.

So, what happened? Trailer wheels rode up the dyke on one side?

Agency :sunglasses:

I like this quote:

The vehicle, containing fertiliser, was led down private Barnfield road by a satellite navigation system when it became struck by a bridge.

I see the sat-nav and bridge are entirely to blame! Wouldn’t have been an issue if it’d been an arched bridge!

youtube.com/watch?v=lMPJZ4YZnqI

:unamused:

ezydriver:
I like this quote:

The vehicle, containing fertiliser, was led down private Barnfield road by a satellite navigation system when it became struck by a bridge.

I see the sat-nav and bridge are entirely to blame! Wouldn’t have been an issue if it’d been an arched bridge!

Only if the trailer had an arched roof though.

I honestly despair that poster’s are trying to defend this clown, why can’t driver’s engage a brain cell from time to time.

The Driver of any vehicle is totally responsible for where they point it, no ifs no buts.

I to have done my fair share of farm haulage, even had the misfortune to work for farmers in the past, FFS I’m born and raised in Norfolk.
Sometimes you have to disappoint, get the lazy ■■■■■■■ to get the loader to you, or your phoning the agent to get the job scrubbed. As soon as the tight fisted subsidy scrounging monkeys think they’re going to either lose the load or get charged for a wasted day, it’s funny how they get the finger’s out.

Farm transport is like any other trucking job, its only difficult for the hard of thinking !!!

eddie snax:
I honestly despair that poster’s are trying to defend this clown, why can’t driver’s engage a brain cell from time to time.

The Driver of any vehicle is totally responsible for where they point it, no ifs no buts.

I to have done my fair share of farm haulage, even had the misfortune to work for farmers in the past, FFS I’m born and raised in Norfolk.
Sometimes you have to disappoint, get the lazy [zb] to get the loader to you, or your phoning the agent to get the job scrubbed. As soon as the tight fisted subsidy scrounging monkeys think they’re going to either lose the load or get charged for a wasted day, it’s funny how they get the finger’s out.

Farm transport is like any other trucking job, its only difficult for the hard of thinking !!!

I’ve done plenty of it and I think you’re being a bit harsh. On a lot of my regular drops I often used to wince a bit when they would regale me with tales of how another driver refused to go up the lane and they had told him I get up alright (which isn’t necessarily how I’d describe it). Have got a Moffett, these days, so always the option to run up in that now to scout it out.

He panicked and it’s gone wrong, with a more stable load than fertiliser he might have got away with it, at the end of the day he’s got to get out somehow. At least the unit’s ok I suppose.

Farmers do certainly wind me up with their ‘milk tanker has no problem’ - yeah well he’s not got a triaxle curtainsider behind has he - then there’s the messy yard, with no turning space and rusty old crap hidden in the grass. The worst thing is them whining on about people not buying british produced food whilst they drive around in Isuzu pickups and John Deere tractors.

It is a surprise that nobody has noticed that the driver spent the night in the cab that was upright and not damaged .
The load is fertilizer, there are two types of this product, one is ADR and other products are Non ADR, the point i am making is, there is a full load of it on the road, and the driver is sleeping by it, if it rains, it changes condition chemically given off dangerous fumes .
There is a risk of a fire to the insecure load .
Kids at night messing about with it.
WHY was the driver not in a hotel for the night, the firm should have sent and paid for a taxi and paid for the driver to sleep in safety ?
WHY did the fire brigade and police allow him to stay in the cab ?

I noticed that the guys in the video showed concern to the driver and asked if he was ok or not ?
Some residents could have offered him a bed for the night, i know they were blocked in by the lorry .
Fertilizer on ADR regulations is deemed a high risk and attractive to terrorists , Diesel Dave will back me up on this type of load and how to handle it and store it .

toby1234abc:
It is a surprise that nobody has noticed that the driver spent the night in the cab that was upright and not damaged .
The load is fertilizer, there are two types of this product, one is ADR and other products are Non ADR, the point i am making is, there is a full load of it on the road, and the driver is sleeping by it, if it rains, it changes condition chemically given off dangerous fumes .
There is a risk of a fire to the insecure load .
Kids at night messing about with it.
WHY was the driver not in a hotel for the night, the firm should have sent and paid for a taxi and paid for the driver to sleep in safety ?
WHY did the fire brigade and police allow him to stay in the cab ?

I noticed that the guys in the video showed concern to the driver and asked if he was ok or not ?
Some residents could have offered him a bed for the night, i know they were blocked in by the lorry .
Fertilizer on ADR regulations is deemed a high risk and attractive to terrorists , Diesel Dave will back me up on this type of load and how to handle it and store it .

It wasn’t ADR, there are no orange boards. If I’d done something like this driver the very last thing I’d want to do is spend a night in one of their houses, they’d probably murder me in my sleep after making this many ■■■■ ups and blocking them in. Top of the road says it’s a dead end, although not strictly true he should’ve got out and walked down and checked it out. Failing that he should’ve just not gone for that turn after getting there. Failing even that they should’ve stopped when it looked like it wasn’t going to go round. Plus the load wasn’t even secure.

google.co.uk/maps/@51.42066 … 312!8i6656

Doubt he would’ve got under that bridge anyway, signs on the other side of it say 13’ 6".

I once asked "management "how to get to the delivery and was told to turn left when I see a field with horses in it.

Own Account Driver:

eddie snax:

Sometimes you have to disappoint, get the lazy [zb] to get the loader to you, or your phoning the agent to get the job scrubbed. As soon as the tight fisted subsidy scrounging monkeys think they’re going to either lose the load or get charged for a wasted day, it’s funny how they get the finger’s out.

I’ve done plenty of it and I think you’re being a bit harsh. On a lot of my regular drops I often used to wince a bit when they would regale me with tales of how another driver refused to go up the lane and they had told him I get up alright (which isn’t necessarily how I’d describe it). Have got a Moffett, these days, so always the option to run up in that now to scout it out.

He panicked and it’s gone wrong, with a more stable load than fertiliser he might have got away with it, at the end of the day he’s got to get out somehow. At least the unit’s ok I suppose.

Farmers do certainly wind me up with their ‘milk tanker has no problem’ - yeah well he’s not got a triaxle curtainsider behind has he - then there’s the messy yard, with no turning space and rusty old crap hidden in the grass. The worst thing is them whining on about people not buying british produced food whilst they drive around in Isuzu pickups and John Deere tractors.

I’ve very little time for farmers. Got to a farm tip once they wanted me to run up this lane that totally unsuitable, so refused, the loader driver decided to punish me by taking one bulk bag at a time and running it up to the yard, that was until I refused to move the truck so the farmers wife could get the 4 X 4 in, all of a sudden the loader driver managed to tip the bags beside the lane and I was away in,20 minutes !!