eddie stobart

just watching an episode from 5 5 17,never understand H&S bxxxxxxt,driver tim fox is delivering woodchips he’s in the open,nothing above him and he’s wearing a hard hat,WHY,unless i’m missing something what the hell is going to hit his head,maybe a block of ice from a passing plane,a suicidal bird who don’t like eddie drivers,i can’t think of anything that would hit him on the head,as I said maybe i’m missing something

A bit of wood chip might bounce, gain some speed as it hurtles back to earth at break neck speed and hit him on this noodle and render him unconscious. Lol

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

Who cares they pay the wages so they call the shots,doesn’t bother me one bit,I’ll do whatever crap they want at my own sweet and steady pace.

I was forced to wear a hard hat and toetectors when loading 10 ton reels of steel …

It will just be one of those rules. Policy will be that drivers must always where hard hat when loading or unloading. Disciplinary if caught not doing. So seeing has he’s being filmed he thought he better had follow company rules.

raymundo:
I was forced to wear a hard hat and toetectors when loading 10 ton reels of steel …

yep,that would stop you getting hurt without a doubt,lol

Gotta protect their most valuable drivers ay

Iv always thought if a crane was gonna fall on me head a bit of plastic ain’t gonna help!!!

Travis Perkins are the worst for it, the driver has to wear a hard hat, but everybody else in the yard is exempt.
Probably some insurance type crap idea.

robroy:
Travis Perkins are the worst for it, the driver has to wear a hard hat, but everybody else in the yard is exempt.

Seen the same around other builder’s merchants’ yards. Staff and visiting drivers wearing PPE, but with builders wearing camouflage cement stained gear, and Joe Public in open toe sandals.
Can’t be anything to do with them actually being the paying customers can it?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

robroy:

yep (zb) of a supervisor reported me to the manager for walking across the yard without ppe , boots & hi viz . it was 12.20 pm and my (1/2) shift finished at 12 !! ,I was actually walking to my car to go home :unamused: . this was only 1 of a number of iffy charges that seen me supended for 4 weeks while they did a "investigation " into my conduct .

syramax:

robroy:

yep (zb) of a supervisor reported me to the manager for walking across the yard without ppe , boots & hi viz . it was 12.20 pm and my (1/2) shift finished at 12 !! ,I was actually walking to my car to go home :unamused: . this was only 1 of a number of iffy charges that seen me supended for 4 weeks while they did a "investigation " into my conduct .

If it was with pay it was a result I reckon.
I’d be walking over the yard with no hat every summer. :smiley:

yep !! :smiley: full pay, saved money on my 45mile daily round trip and got 4 days holiday back . :smiley: they made a example out of me :smiley: :smiley:

truckman020:
just watching an episode from 5 5 17,never understand H&S bxxxxxxt,driver tim fox is delivering woodchips he’s in the open,nothing above him and he’s wearing a hard hat,WHY,unless i’m missing something what the hell is going to hit his head,maybe a block of ice from a passing plane,a suicidal bird who don’t like eddie drivers,i can’t think of anything that would hit him on the head,as I said maybe i’m missing something

Stops the dust getting in your hair.

I had to wear a hard hat yesterday for the dangerous task of opening my curtains. How I’ve managed to avoid smashing my skull in the other 4 trillion times I’ve opened the things I’ll never know.

A.

It’s not and never has been about Health and Safety!
These company’s couldn’t give a ■■■■ about your health or your safety, they do however give a ■■■■ about their insurance premiums!

There is no common sense in some Health & Safety policies. It is purely to stop insurance claims and preventing accidents as a subsidiary to this. Someone somewhere has obviously deemed this activity or area as a hard hat operation. Standard PPE is high viz, steel toe capped boots, hard hat ,ear defenders & eye protection. A risk assessment will have been undertaken at some point and a suit has simply ticked a box to say a hard hat has to be worn at all times. Some instances it will make sense and in other areas it doesn’t. If it is company policy and you fail to wear any item of the PPE, in the event of any accident your claim would be null & void. Everyone would complain if the company ignored Health & Safety and simply allowed you to crack on as it used to be years ago. Regardless if it makes sense or not to you is irrelevant.

I used to deliver to a store in Luton Arndale the warehouseman always wore safety glasses.When I asked,out of curiousity,why he said he once had an accident sometime back which could have caused him a serious eye injury,so now he takes no chances. although he has never had another accident since.
All down to personal preference and Company H&S rules

mrcreosote90:
Iv always thought if a crane was gonna fall on me head a bit of plastic ain’t gonna help!!!

The issue being whenever you are lifting stuff above head height, there’s a chance something (be it part of the load, a stray tool or piece of equipment or even just a bit of stone or debris picked up from the ground) might fall from the load.

Plus of course the load itself passes at head height on its way up and again on its way down again even if nothing falls.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

robroy:

Ha I was only at tp warrington yesterday. You know what it’s like, hazards on, told off for parking in the wrong place, high viz, hard hard, keys in, stop sign up.

Whilst tipping there’s a bloke from the office walking about round the trailers that are being loaded/tipped with canvas style pumps on his feet, and no hard hat. I was thinking then, how is he exempt from all the h&s ■■■■■■■■.

Adonis.:
Stops the dust getting in your hair.

I doubt I’ll ever have a problem with that :laughing: