Class 2 tippers South Wales

Evening all.
I don’t suppose anyone knows of any firms who would take on a driver with no tipper experience?!

Had 2 years on flatbeds, delivering steel / cladding / coils, and driving mobile cranes currently.

Had a guts full of crane world.

Many thanks in advance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

W

Don’t know about the no experience bit but KCS at Aberthaw anywhere nearby?

De Cymru is a big place. Try narrowing it down a bit. There’s a few tipper firms down the valleys left. And around Cardiff and Newport docks.

Thanks for the replies. Sorry. It would be class 2.
I’m in South Wales.

the nodding donkey:
De Cymru is a big place. Try narrowing it down a bit. There’s a few tipper firms down the valleys left. And around Cardiff and Newport docks.

You are definitely trying to catch me out, I noticed the deliberate use of two “and” one even cheekily starting your sentence.

UKtramp:

the nodding donkey:

You are definitely trying to catch me out, I noticed the deliberate use of two “and” one even cheekily starting your sentence.

You are a worthy adversary. And you missed a comma after “and”.

Good night.

woofgang:
I’m in South Wales.

We know you’re in South Wales. But were abouts?

the nodding donkey:

woofgang:
I’m in South Wales.

We know you’re in South Wales. But were abouts?

Exactly, not much point recommending a firm running out of a quarry in Pembrokeshire if you live East of Newport :laughing:

I live in Cardiff. Would probably go as far as Bridgend to the west and Chepstow ish eastwards for the commute.

woofgang:
I live in Cardiff. Would probably go as far as Bridgend to the west and Chepstow ish eastwards for the commute.

See, now we’re getting somewhere. In that case, why not have a gander down the docks, or the road past Tesco to the steelworks. See what tipper firms are out there. They often stop by a tea van near Tesco, talk to drivers, ask them about work. Write down telephone numbers of the side of cabs and ring the companies.

the nodding donkey:

UKtramp:

the nodding donkey:

You are a worthy adversary. And you missed a comma after “and”.

Good night.

:grimacing:

Yeah. That’s good advice. I’m pretty sure I know most of the firms that are about. Most want experience or aren’t taking on.

I will keep plugging away. If anyone knows of anything else that I could do to help my cause then feel free to chip in.

Many thanks again,

W

woofgang:
Yeah. That’s good advice. I’m pretty sure I know most of the firms that are about. Most want experience or aren’t taking on.

I will keep plugging away. If t
anyone knows of anything else that I could do to help my cause then feel free to chip in.

Many thanks again,

W

If you go out and about, makes sure you have your licence and digital card. You never know, one of the companies may be a driver short, and need somebody there and then.

Yeah. Always in my wallet. Just make sure I have it on me! Thanks again

Smiths waste have a depot in Cardiff and they take on new drivers but it might not be just tipper work depending on what work is available as they have skips, hook bins, dustbin lorries etc.

Managed to get as far as blagging a driving assessment with an agency who supply drivers for a local quarry. If I pass then apparently put through EPIC card, 2 weeks training with a driver and then away we go. We shall see :confused:

Thanks again
W

woofgang:
Managed to get as far as blagging a driving assessment with an agency who supply drivers for a local quarry. If I pass then apparently put through EPIC card, 2 weeks training with a driver and then away we go. We shall see :confused:

Thanks again
W

Good luck.

Try Caerphilly skip hire he got tippers ask for Mike pm of you like regards rowly

Thanks nodding donkey.
Rward - pm sent.

W

Quick update.
Finally got assessment done. Passed. EPIC course done yesterday.
Start in quarry tomorrow. (2 weeks training)

Thanks again everyone.
W