Good jobs in Oxfordshire?

Looking for a new role in the Oxford area, Class C, where’s the best place to look? Have heard there’s a couple of good agencies round me but really want a job to stick at so any ideas who has currently got jobs going?

No agencies are any good.

Cooper Mixer hire at Kidlington (Cemex).
Hickman Bros at Fulbrook.
Tuckwells at Radley.
Valley transport at Kings Sutton.
Hacklings at Bourton on Water.

There’s a Bidvest and a Fresh Direct in Bicester if that’s any good to you? I deliver there in artics, but their fleets are largely Class 2.

Advert for Bidvest through agency …hope it helps

indeed.co.uk/cmp/The-Staffi … V+2+Driver

Chris Hayter was advertising recently , they are in Witney

Tony at the best connection in Abingdon is a pretty straight guy for an agency, he does listen when you say no, thats garbage and doesnt hold it against you. Fresh Direct and Bidvest (Bicester and Banbury) are always looking, same as better bathrooms and chef direct in Didcot.
Could probably help more if you tell us which bit of Oxon you want, its a big county :smiley:

Never met a driver who has worked for Fresh Direct and wants to go back there. Happy to be proved wrong

Chef Direct are a good bunch but money’s not great and it’s a lot of hand balling

Halls are always looking if you are South Oxfordshire but, as said, you need to give us a better idea of your location

There’s a reason why the likes of Bidvest, Fresh Direct etc are all after drivers, because it’s handball. A mate worked for Bidvest, good money but if you get a nice route you lose it once you have a days’ holiday.
I did agency work for Fresh Direct on nights and that was alright. The drivers’ mate is employed and knows all the delivery locations etc and basically is responsible for the delivery. You just drive, all the mates I worked with were on job and knock but if you wanted a break they’d let you sit in the cab at an easy drop they could manage on their own.
Earthline are always taking on, they’ve installed a revolving door for drivers it seems…

Just remembered Driver Hire Oxford are after drivers; I had a text from them today and I haven’t worked for them since early 2013.

Great ideas guys thanks!

Just outside Abingdon, don’t mind a bit of travel but depends on start times, don’t wanna be up at 4am for a 6am start, and also not fussed if have to do some shifting

Good shout re Bidvest and Fresh Direct, cheers

TeddyEdwards:
Great ideas guys thanks!

Just outside Abingdon, don’t mind a bit of travel but depends on start times, don’t wanna be up at 4am for a 6am start, and also not fussed if have to do some shifting

Good shout re Bidvest and Fresh Direct, cheers

Tuckwells are an easy firm to work for.

Shame you havent got class 1, Tesco Didcot are screaming for drivers! I hear Timbmet are looking for Class 2, stanford in the vale. Biffa at culham (on the bins) 88 distribution (pallets) were looking too. Cp steel and H&H are also on culham number 1 site, might be worth rocking up there smart and chap some doors.

Timbmet…
88 distribution…
Hickman Bros…
Bidvest…
…all regulars on the job vacancies front. :wink:

Muckaway:
Timbmet…
88 distribution…
Hickman Bros…
Bidvest…

Hi Muckaway ,

Do you know if Hickman Bros use agencies , I know the obvious answer is “phone them up” but I thought I would take the easy lazy option lol

Thanks mate :sunglasses:

spike78:

Muckaway:
Timbmet…
88 distribution…
Hickman Bros…
Bidvest…

Hi Muckaway ,

Do you know if Hickman Bros use agencies , I know the obvious answer is “phone them up” but I thought I would take the easy lazy option lol

Thanks mate :sunglasses:

Not as far as I know, I went for a job there about 4 years ago but money wasn’t great.

Muckaway:

Tuckwells at Radley.

Bourton on the Water is in Glos.

Suedehead:

Muckaway:

Tuckwells at Radley.

Bourton on the Water is in Glos.

I know that but the OP could live near Burford or the Wychwoods.

Bidvest have lost KFC so I doubt we’ll be taking on tbh.

mrdj:
Bidvest have lost KFC so I doubt we’ll be taking on tbh.

Not good news for you, but excellent for me. Less pallets into Banbury, less queuing for 2hrs just to get 2 plts off :smiley: :smiley:

When you say good job, do you really mean good money?