TruckNav reliabilty?

Bought mine about a year ago now as a backup if ever stuck. Well tonight im actually going to be using it as doing a new route. Is there a way of actually choosing a different route to what its saying like google maps gives you route options? Il try changing option to fast route from economical see if that works now.

Can’t go far wrong with one of these (truckers atlas).
IMG_2125.JPG

FFS, FFS, FFS…
Yet again … Why does anyone buy sat navs ? Total waste of money use a road atlas as above or use the map on your smart phone and when you get near click on navigation and it will take you there turn by turn, then throw the dam sat nav out of the window.

ValleysTrucker:
Bought mine about a year ago now as a backup if ever stuck. Well tonight im actually going to be using it as doing a new route. Is there a way of actually choosing a different route to what its saying like google maps gives you route options? Il try changing option to fast route from economical see if that works now.

If you have a route in mind, when planning on sat nav there’s usually an option to ‘travel via’, so you can insert a certain road on the desired route and it’ll take you that way.

Pat Hasler:
FFS, FFS, FFS…
Yet again … Why does anyone buy sat navs ? Total waste of money use a road atlas as above or use the map on your smart phone and when you get near click on navigation and it will take you there turn by turn, then throw the dam sat nav out of the window.

FFS FFS FFS Why do people post on topics they know will annoy them? It’s 2017, people use technology. A Satnav is just a small box of maps

switchlogic:

Pat Hasler:
FFS, FFS, FFS…

FFS FFS FFS Why do people post on topics they know will annoy them? It’s 2017, people use technology. A Satnav is just a small box of maps

Exactly.

I guess some drivers still have a box full of A-Zs which they read in one hand whilst steering with the other!

Do you still drive round looking for a phone box?

Turn the volume off and go on the route you have planned to take, granted it may differ from the one the sat nav has planned for you but at some point it will give up trying to reroute you and accept the route you have planned.

Depending on what make it is some like Tom Tom give an option for alternative routes.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Look out some of the superhero drivers are out!

bald bloke:
Can’t go far wrong with one of these (truckers atlas).0

I have the Phillips truckers’ atlas, and it seems good on spot weight limits (like on bridges) but bad on area limits, and all but one of the 17T limits on the roads around Windsor are missing (the one it has is the one on a B-road outside Wraysbury, which is on a bridge). An atlas that is marketed for truckers but lacks this kind of info isn’t worth buying, in my opinion.

switchlogic:

Pat Hasler:
FFS, FFS, FFS…

Before I got my sat-nav, I acquired what must have been a full set of Phillips/OS county atlases for the south-east. I was then (as now) working through agencies and it was very rare that I would be told (even if I asked) what area I was to be driving to the next day, so I could know which atlases to bring. One company kept a stock of them, but most didn’t. Ultimately I did get a sat-nav and almost never use paper maps now.