daft diversion

Just had a drop on a little industrial estate in London. Main road in shut for gas works so I follow signed diversion, get to other side of where the road would lead back into the estate and not a chance of turning an artic down the road due to bollards. Physically impossible. Phoned em up and found another way in after to go 6 miles back round due to nowhere to turn round. Would it not make sense to make an official diversion where an industrial estate is actually suitable for trucks to turn down? Oh no I’m forgetting it’s London so that answers my question. Too much common sense there.

I had one the other week, the main road was closed so i followed the diversion signs, i got to a fork in the road and the diversion sign pointed left…into a road with a 7.5 tonne weight limit !! :open_mouth:

i got the map out and i had to go further up and turn left to rejoin the road that was restricted…i had to turn on a mini roundabout with my long trailer just missing some railings and a few impatient car drivers :laughing:

Tooz:
I had one the other week, the main road was closed so i followed the diversion signs, i got to a fork in the road and the diversion sign pointed left…into a road with a 7.5 tonne weight limit !! :open_mouth:

i got the map out and i had to go further up and turn left to rejoin the road that was restricted…i had to turn on a mini roundabout with my long trailer just missing some railings and a few impatient car drivers :laughing:

If they send a diversion through a weight limit area then you are allowed to follow said diversion, unless the diversion is not suitable for HGV’s where they will also sign post a diversion for HGV’s.

simcor:

Tooz:

If they send a diversion through a weight limit area then you are allowed to follow said diversion, unless the diversion is not suitable for HGV’s where they will also sign post a diversion for HGV’s.

Well i was not taking a risk as i had 30 pallets on and i was considerably heavier than 7.5 tonne :stuck_out_tongue:

simcor:

Tooz:

This is a regular occurrence on the A5 Chirk by-pass which they close at the drop of a hat so you have to use the diversion through Chirk village part of which is 18T restricted