Woolwich ferry actual height?

More signs that condradict.

My road atlas says it’s 15’5 on the internet TFL says it’s 15’5, but then on google street view the signs say 15’8. So which is it? I’ll have a 15’6 trailer so can I go or not?

Just go for it you will be fine.

just remember and get the duty free

When you book in , ask if they can put you on the upper open deck.

Rowley010:
More signs that condradict.

My road atlas says it’s 15’5 on the internet TFL says it’s 15’5, but then on google street view the signs say 15’8. So which is it? I’ll have a 15’6 trailer so can I go or not?

ive been on with 15’ 3". On the ferry I’m sure it’s 15’5 " iirc. :grimacing: it’s been a while :grimacing:

Suedehead:
When you book in , ask if they can put you on the upper open deck.

Just watch out for the sky hooks swinging about though.

I used to love getting the ferry over,it’s free and I knew I was heading north :smiley: :smiley:

Rowley010:
More signs that condradict. My road atlas says it’s 15’5 on the internet TFL says it’s 15’5, but then on google street view the signs say 15’8. So which is it? I’ll have a 15’6 trailer so can I go or not?

i say you’re too high by an inch. :grimacing: oooooooppppppppssssssss too late, tell us you’ve not hit it drive. Lol. :laughing: PLEASE. :sunglasses:

Get in early and you can get one of the cabins with a shower on snap. Just ask on boarding.

Its 15’8…Duty free shop is closed today though…Gutted

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Seems odd that they have 15’8" on the signs, as according to the road signs manual they are supposed to be marked in whole multiples of 6"

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Can you still overnight park on the south side? think they charged a couple a quid and the money went to a local charity…

ON the last sign before you turn down the road where the ferry is it says 15’6, then when you get to the queuing area and there is a metal barrier that one says 15’8, and my atlas and TFL say it’s 15’5.

I think it’s 16’6 really and they are just having a laugh and can’t decide what to put on the signs.

Just ask them to pump out a bit of ballast, it will bring the ramp more level and give you a better chance of getting on.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Rowley010:
so can I go or not?

Ask Dozy he’s bound to know

3piece-wheel:
Can you still overnight park on the south side? think they charged a couple a quid and the money went to a local charity…

No, the signs say ‘no overnight parking’ and give directions to the nearest parking facilities. I did park there about two years ago, but I had been stuck for over 3 hours in the southbound queue on the North bank. I was on the last boat across, and just about to run out of time. When I explained, they let me park, but on the understanding that I was taking a 9 hour rest, and be going when they opened next morning.

In the mid 80’s I went over with a 16’6" trailer.

Get yourself one of these rowley then measure it