Poundstretcher Huddersfield

Anyone know much about these. Usual stuff what they’re like to work for. Not necessarily pay as that is already known more along the lines of if they’re ok. Office staff etc. Thanks

I was offered job there a few years back on wagon and drag. That side of it didn’t seem to appealing, and most their W&D look battered and bruised. Not sure if the double decker work is any better?

I had only just passed my class 1 at the time, but opted to sit it out for an artic job somewhere.

Think I was interview and offered the job by Malcolm? At the time if was run by C ■■■■.

mbax81:
I was offered job there a few years back on wagon and drag. That side of it didn’t seem to appealing, and most their W&D look battered and bruised. Not sure if the double decker work is any better?

I had only just passed my class 1 at the time, but opted to sit it out for an artic job somewhere.

Think I was interview and offered the job by Malcolm? At the time if was run by C ■■■■.

What was he like? I’m relaying this info to a pal of mine so be as brutal as needs be without fear of putting me off

I should imagine they are just another p*ss poor West Yorkshire haulier that pay peanuts and are forever advertising. Similar to Joda, McDowell, Peckover, Longs, Viamaster etc etc.
They’re building a new Lidl supermarket in Brighouse, probably better applying there for shelf stacking/trolley collecting I should imagine the money will be better.

Mickey mouse:
I should imagine they are just another p*ss poor West Yorkshire haulier that pay peanuts and are forever advertising. Similar to Joda, McDowell, Peckover, Longs, Viamaster etc etc.

They might be ■■■■ poor, forever advertising and pay peanuts, I don’t know if thats the case or not, but considering they are a retail business with 400 stores and a restricted O Licence I wouldn’t compare them to any of the above

Jimmy McNulty:

Mickey mouse:

They might be ■■■■ poor, forever advertising and pay peanuts, I don’t know if thats the case or not, but considering they are a retail business with 400 stores and a restricted O Licence I wouldn’t compare them to any of the above

Can you elaborate?

htfc1984:

mbax81:

What was he like? I’m relaying this info to a pal of mine so be as brutal as needs be without fear of putting me off

He seemed ok, and was fine with me when I told him I wouldn’t want to accept the W&G job. As far as I can remember he worked for C ■■■■. No idea if they still have the contract? Only actual contact I had with Poundstretcher was with the receptionist when I got there.

Re pay, back then, around 5 years ago, I think the basic was around £26k, and if I remember rightly another £140 if you worked an extra shift?

htfc1984:

Jimmy McNulty:

Mickey mouse:

Can you elaborate?

I know very little about them. My point was I wouldn’t compare an own account operator that is a Retail business to the likes of Longs of Leeds etc.

htfc1984:
Anyone know much about these. Usual stuff what they’re like to work for. Not necessarily pay as that is already known more along the lines of if they’re ok. Office staff etc. Thanks

Tried John Cotton?

Jimmy McNulty:

htfc1984:

Jimmy McNulty:

Mickey mouse:

Can you elaborate?

I know very little about them. My point was I wouldn’t compare an own account operator that is a Retail business to the likes of Longs of Leeds etc.

Yeah I see your point. Suppose it’s good in a way you know what you’re taking to where pretty much daily.

You know much about j cotton?

Just that their drivers don’t tend to leave.

Jimmy McNulty:
Just that their drivers don’t tend to leave.

Are you one? Feel free to Pm me if you want to talk more freely!

If you’re looking for work and don’t mind multi drop and I mean up to 25 and nights out Verhoek in Wakefield may be of interest. Not for the faint hearted or work shy but the motor is your own, not pushed and the pay is better than average for West Yorkshire.

htfc1984:
Yeah I see your point. Suppose it’s good in a way you know what you’re taking to where pretty much daily.

No, you missed the point.

Driving jobs at companies where they do not make their money out of the transport of goods is almost always better than working for haulage companies where the transporting of goods is how they make their money. A manufacturer or a retailer running their own fleet is far more likely to run things by the book, have policies that apply to drivers which are the same as their shop/workshop staff such as making it easy to make a doctors appointment and are far more likely to give you a realistic schedule and not pressure you because how much they earn isn’t entirely dependent on what you do.