What's it like working at royal mail through pertemps?

Hello.
Can anyone please tell me what it is like working through royal mail through pertemps pls.
The rate sounds good after 3 months (if it’s genuine).
Not sure of the shifts. 4 on 4 off or mon-fri.
Not sure if there’s any possibility of a full time job as it’s bound to go quiet after Christmas.
Thank you very much

I believe the only way into them is via agency so give it a go it must be a doddle I’m guessing.

The rate quoted will be correct. You will receive that rate after 12 weeks at RM. You might find you will be doing 1 or 2 days in RM and the rest of the week will be some old dog doo. RM is the carrot, do you see? You will have to watch your pay like a hawk and they will ■■■■ it up, every week. I guarantee it. One could think it was deliberate policy? Jan through to April or May or June will be threadbare 2 to 3 days per week and not all or perhaps any of those days will be RM. If you’d like to join RM the best way is to go in as a postie which won’t be too hard and wait for a vacancy to come up. Some of this info might vary a bit with area so tell the good folks of TN where you live!

You’re just being sold a dream by Pertemps, they do this with most of their drivers. It’s only ever temporary at Royal Mail, it’s what every driver says. Did Pertemps mention you could be earning up to £1000 a week also? If you want full time then become a postman.

if you want night work only then no problem,i asked for day work and it was agreed, next thing is the same old bull once I registered,we only have night work

My experience was with another agency and inducted assessed as class 1 driver but the work was actually for a 7.5 tonne and van driver so can’t comment on the class 1 work.
The contract I was on was a crock of ■■■■■ you were paid a poor mans class 1 rate for “12 weeks” if your lucky not paid for your breaks so an 8 hr is a 7 1/4 and 6 5 1/2 if you finish early you are not payed for 8 hrs not even 6 hrs. The shifts range from 4-12 hours with 4grs being the most commen. I am always dubious regarding parity pay as you never know with agency’s it is quite possible with the big name agency’s that you will have a quite week before the 12 weeks or they find a reason to get rid of you.

Passed an assessment for RM in January. This was for the Normanton depot via AS&T agency on days.

Never heard anything for 3 weeks until I got a text at 6.40pm at night asking if I could do a night shift at 7pm.