Just given my notice in

Well things where changing in work with us told we will likely be tupe’d over to another company in a few months, with no more information given, and basically treated like children.
So it’s time I made a move away from moving forklift trucks to driving tankers, dairy and farms.
I’m used to going in farms and rural jobs as I seemed to get a lot of them, bonus is tanker trailers are far better for the job than my old monolith trailer.
It’s 4on4off which suits me perfectly and a substantial increase in money.
So another learning curve at the end of the month for me.
Sad but excited to.

I got touped over to a company and left, it was never the same. You do right and good luck. In the words of Oasis “Don’t look back in anger” move on to pastures new.

UKtramp:
I got touped over to a company and left, it was never the same. You do right and good luck. In the words of Oasis “Don’t look back in anger” move on to pastures new.

Thanks, it’s strange as I like to stay at a place where I feel comfortable, I’ve never been one for job hoping.
If nothing else the money is better :laughing:

We’re there no opportunities for voluntary redundancy? It’s nice being paid to leave.

Captain Caveman 76:
We’re there no opportunities for voluntary redundancy? It’s nice being paid to leave.

No sadly,
We are the biggest depot with 4 drivers, others have one or two. So we go as a job lot, free redundancy :imp:

Good luck, drift. Hope it turns out to be an enjoyable change.

Local banter…

Tupe’d?

Touped?

Both short for take over/buy out I assume?

tupped is a term used in sheep farming

yourhavingalarf:
Local banter…

Tupe’d?

Touped?

Both short for take over/buy out I assume?

tupped is a term used in sheep farming

TUPE stands for “Transfer of Undertaking, Protection of Employment” which is the title of the main legislation which covers worker’s rights when new contractors take on the job.

Nothing to do with hairpieces or sheep shagging.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

How long have you worked there?

I’m pretty sure (but not certain) that if you get tupe’d over you don’t have to go and can agree a settlement.

Would be nice to get some extra cash in your pocket for doing nothing.

Castillidie:

I’m pretty sure (but not certain) that if you get tupe’d over you don’t have to go and can agree a settlement.

Been here 5 years, the tupe process is due to start in a couple of months, but this job has come up in the meantime.

Drift:

Castillidie:

Been here 5 years, the tupe process is due to start in a couple of months, but this job has come up in the meantime.

You only get 2 options when you are going to get TUPE’d, carry on as normal under the same terms and conditions you have been working under for the past 5 years, or you hand your notice in to leave with nothing except a reference the day before the takeover takes place.

Drift:
Well things where changing in work with us told we will likely be tupe’d over to another company in a few months, with no more information given, and basically treated like children.
So it’s time I made a move away from moving forklift trucks to driving tankers, dairy and farms.
I’m used to going in farms and rural jobs as I seemed to get a lot of them, bonus is tanker trailers are far better for the job than my old monolith trailer.
Sad but excited to.

Best of luck Drift my old mucker! I’ve just been offered a new job myself.

Walking distance from my house, driving an old Scania artic around. Breaks galore apparently…and a permanent parking space at the Shell garage on the A580 :grimacing:

eagerbeaver:

Drift:
Sad but excited to.

Best of luck Drift my old mucker! I’ve just been offered a new job myself.

Walking distance from my house, driving an old Scania artic around. Breaks galore apparently…and a permanent parking space at the Shell garage on the A580 :grimacing:

:laughing: :laughing: knob :laughing: :laughing:

Best of luck Drifty in your new adventure mate!!!

Thanks guys :sunglasses:

Good luck drift

weeto:

Drift:

Castillidie:

You only get 2 options when you are going to get TUPE’d, carry on as normal under the same terms and conditions you have been working under for the past 5 years, or you hand your notice in to leave with nothing except a reference the day before the takeover takes place.

Incorrect there are more than 2 options. If the job role is changing at all (location, hours etc) you can claim redundancy or a settlement agreement.

The job will be the same but it’s not who I want to work for, to long in the tooth to be working where I am not happy.
More to life than money, ironically the new job is conciderbly more money, heyho :laughing:

Drift:
The job will be the same but it’s not who I want to work for, to long in the tooth to be working where I am not happy.
More to life than money, ironically the new job is conciderbly more money, heyho :laughing:

All the best with it fella. Sounds like you’ve landed on your feet.

Castillidie:

Drift:

All the best with it fella. Sounds like you’ve landed on your feet.

Thanks,
I hope so, 4on4off, only the Mrs will tell me, she looks ecstatic :open_mouth: :laughing: