Driving Footwear..?

I’m a ‘opposite driver’ of a shared truck (4 on 4 off), and the other driver says it’s best to leave your work boots on the steps, and have some other footwear for driving…

What would you recommend?

My opposite has got - and kept, the interior immaculate, so I also want to be able to do the same, so I’m just looking for advice / tips really…

I use Apache Vault safety trainers. Light shoes to wear all day long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have doc marten boots for site and wear sketchers trainers to drive and keep in the cab.

How about a pair of slippers :bulb:

Suedehead:
How about a pair of slippers :bulb:

With a nice low cut night dress maybe, you would look a right Bonny bugger.

Surely - doesn’t everyone wear flip flops?

Goldfinger:
I’m a ‘opposite driver’ of a shared truck (4 on 4 off), and the other driver says it’s best to leave your work boots on the steps, and have some other footwear for driving…

What would you recommend?

My opposite has got - and kept, the interior immaculate, so I also want to be able to do the same, so I’m just looking for advice / tips really…

Think it probably depends on the type of work. Ie if ur doing long distance work id always wear something comfy and keep it clean. Personally I keep my boots on the top step or in the tool hatch and drive in trainers. But if you’re doing multi drop or something then it might not be practical to keep taking your boots on and off all the time. Id say just do what suits you but respect the other guy and return the truck in the condition you received it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found that stiletto’s damage the floor covering and make it awkward on the pedals. I also catch me heel on me stockings as I’m getting out, so I’d recommend a pair of pink fluffy slippers and don’t forget rubber gloves to keep the wheel clean. :wink:

I leave my boots on the top step and drive in my socks.Before anyone says anything ive been stopped and nothing was said by the nice dvsa lady so it not illegal .

It is distance work, RDC to RDC…

And it’s a nice clean job too.

My opposite driver does keep his boots on the top step too, so I thought I’d better do the same, and so have been looking for suitable ‘quick release’ foot wear…

peterm:
I found that stiletto’s damage the floor covering and make it awkward on the pedals. I also catch me heel on me stockings as I’m getting out, so I’d recommend a pair of pink fluffy slippers and don’t forget rubber gloves to keep the wheel clean. :wink:

Although Stilleto’s do tend to look nice whilst stepping out of the cab, I think it all adds to professionalism. Ironed basque, stlleto heels, stockings. not too much make up, a real trampers PPE.

these .youtu.be/e04FhbMXeWY

I used a pr of steel toe capped mules ,slip em off left side of steering wheel to drive and slip feet back in at delivery point . now on building supplies so its boots all the way now . …and don’t my feet know it this weather :frowning:

My work boots look like lightweight trail boots with toe caps inside, they’re comfortable if driving. I leave them on the steps and use normal shoes inside. I don’t bother if short distances.

I wear Crocs to drive in, and they stay in the footwell when I move around the cab. My boots don’t fit on the top step, so they sit next to the driver’s seat on a cloth.

Socks for me, no shoes allowed in. I live in the ■■■■ thing. I like it clean.

I normally start on a Monday in my work boots then after the first night I’m wearing trainers until I’m required to change back to the boots. Since I don’t have a clutch, thats where they live. You won’t catch me leaving boots on the top step.

m.a.n rules:
these .youtu.be/e04FhbMXeWY

Ooooh, do they do them with steel toe caps ?

UKtramp:

peterm:

Although Stilleto’s do tend to look nice whilst stepping out of the cab, I think it all adds to professionalism. Ironed basque, stlleto heels, stockings. not too much make up, a real trampers PPE.

:smiley:

You like ?