A12 very uneven road surface

As a lot of drivers on here are aware of the major uneven road surface on both carriageways where all the tag axle tyre scuffs are (the bits where it literally chucks you out your seat) between Colchester and Chelmsford.
Well last Wednesday morning as I was going north towards Ipswich, I bounced over the uneven bits so hard, it bent both my front cab mountings on my DAF CF.
I was just wondering if anyone else has had the same or similar things happen to them along these bits of rough areas.
Also do you think it’s dangerous and any ideas what could be causing the road to be like this as it’s only been like this for the past year and seems to be getting worse.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

No idea what caused it…but if i was your boss i would be claiming off the council if it caused so much damage.

Funny how some vehicles ride these things and others don’t, if the bumps and speed add up in tune to the natural rebound of the vehicle or cab’s suspension then it can all get really violent, yet you travel the same road at the same weight with another make or model and it’s perfectly happy.

There were two points on my travels when my MAN was quite capable of emptying every single cubby all over the interior at any speed over 40 (after the first episode you make sure it doesn’t happen again), yet other lorries passed over them at similar speeds with barely a bump.

At least the DAF mounts only bent, Scanny 4 series cab dampers snap near the bottom regularly.

Can’t believe that just bouncing through that small area of about 30 yards can cause something like this. I’ve made that journey so many times it had never entered me mind that this could happen.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

Wait til it causes a few smash ups, then they’ll send out a gang to chuck cold bitumen in the dips and pat it all down with a shovel. :unamused:

Coming along the M26 this morning eastbound, and the road in the dip near the railway overbridge had me banging my head on the ceiling of the cab. I wonder if a sinkhole will be appearing there soon - like on the M2 recently?

Two old hat articles on the subject of sinkhole formation…

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/10646456/Why-sinkholes-are-swallowing-Britain.html

peterm:
Wait til it causes a few smash ups, then they’ll send out a gang to chuck cold bitumen in the dips and pat it all down with a shovel. :unamused:

At the looks of the southbound section, in the verge there is a lot of broken bits of cars etc, so there probably has already been a few prangs. What will it take for the council to repair it, a death?

Sent from Platform 9 3/4