Gotta feel sorry for this fella

apparently the trailer is rotten underneath

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Any idea what weight is on it ?

no idea

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I’m no expert but wouldn’t the positioning of that load contributed to the trailers demise?,wouldn’t of it been better over the back axles?

on poa now then

It’s my fault unfortunately :blush:

(I let Mrs B sit on it while she tied her shoelaces).

xichrisxi:
I’m no expert but wouldn’t the positioning of that load contributed to the trailers demise?,wouldn’t of it been better over the back axles?

If its seriously heavy you may need some of the weight onto the unit to stop the trailer axles being overloaded. Also you need some weight forward or it would be like a wobble box.

But it’s been roped and sheeted so was obviously ok initially. Surely something massively heavy to do that unless there was some kind of defect with the trailer.

Berty:

It would be interesting to see what the main frame looks like, I would have thought that if it really is rotted the companies likely to have some explaining to do to the DVSA.

tachograph:
Any idea what weight is on it ?

Toooooo Much !

It does look rather like a cut down curtain which wouldn’t help , although it also looks like it’s got coil wells ?

Load didn’t move though :grimacing:

Seen something similar in my younger days when the coil slipped down between the chassis rails rather than snapped the trailer in half.

It cant be that heavy as the mid lift on the unit is up.

At least his legs are already down for when recovery turns up.

Well more touching the floor.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

tachograph:

Berty:

It would be interesting to see what the main frame looks like, I would have thought that if it really is rotted the companies likely to have some explaining to do to the DVSA.

To be honest they’d have their own explaining as why it wasn’t spotted in the MOT they don’t rot overnight.

It has gone in a very strange place typically it’s weakest where the chassis rails reduce down and are welded just behind the rubbing plate.

Usually when I’ve seen trailers go they’ve been box trailers that are monocoque construction where the sides have rotted from a roof leak with no evidence on the outside.

Was probably a paper thin Cartwright , we got one looks fine but can’t hold a m16 thread mudgaurd stay bracket without cracking .

Convenient place to happen though…right outside the local club…ha ha

If he put the lift axle on the tri down it would be ok sureley

Punchy Dan:
It does look rather like a cut down curtain which wouldn’t help , although it also looks like it’s got coil wells ?

They are coil wells. Notorious for collecting crap (leaves, bits of rope, cardboard, tarp, etc, and often used to store (old) tarpaulins), and filling up with rain water, especially if the drains are blocked. Nothing rots a bit of metal quicker than being semi permanently wet and outside…