Know your place Victorian style

I was tipping a building in an agricultural/plant firm the other day, and getting my notes done.
While the guy behind the desk was doing my notes, the printer ran out of paper, so I said to him while he was doing that I’d just use the toilet (right next to me)

He looks and says snotilly ‘’, You will need to walk down the yard, that is the Staff only toilet’’ :open_mouth: (50 yards in ■■■■■■■ rain,.and I had just took my wet gear off)
I just said ‘‘That’s ok mate,.I aint fussy’’ :smiley: , and just dived in (not literally btw) before he could say anything else.

When I came out he wasn’t suited and said, ‘‘You really should have gone down the yard you know’’
I said
‘‘Wtf did you think I was going to do in there exactly mate. I AM quite civilised you know, I don’t ■■■■ up the walls or anything believe it or not’’
He saw that he had got me rattled, said absolutely nothing and handed me my notes.

It just shows that the ‘‘Class system’’ is still alive and well in the good old UK eh?

I could understand it if I was a dirty smelly ■■■■ with bad breath and b.o. wearing an egg stained wife beater vest, but I do keep myself presentable, clean and tidy, but because I drive a truck for a living, I aint entitled to use the same toilet/washroom as him apparentlly :smiling_imp:

you drive a truck you are not worthy

I used to go to a place at Cricket St Thomas called Lubborn Cheese for a collection and they had a portaloo for drivers as we were not allowed inside their main building, so what you would do is wait by the back door and it was never more than a minute or two until an EE worker would come out for a smoke so then I’d sneak in and use the proper loo.

I had a delivery to Samsung uk headquarters once, I was refused to use their toilet , customer does not want drivers using the toilet, so used the wheel as I was miles from any known loos and and still being tipped.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

malcob:
you drive a truck you are not worthy

Isn’t that 100% the truth!

There is a definite class problem being a driver, its not just using a staff toilet it is the job in general. We are classed as filthy animals regardless of who you are. Step into a truck and you are stripped of all dignity to others. Those from Hull will know the area I live, it is classed as a very high profile area of Hull, even my neighbors look shocked when my wife tells them I am a driver. There is a stigma attached to driving for a living.

robroy:
I was tipping a building in an agricultural/plant firm the other day, and getting my notes done.
While the guy behind the desk was doing my notes, the printer ran out of paper, so I said to him while he was doing that I’d just use the toilet (right next to me)

He looks and says snotilly ‘’, You will need to walk down the yard, that is the Staff only toilet’’ :open_mouth: (50 yards in ■■■■■■■ rain,.and I had just took my wet gear off)
I just said ‘‘That’s ok mate,.I aint fussy’’ :smiley: , and just dived in (not literally btw) before he could say anything else.

When I came out he wasn’t suited and said, ‘‘You really should have gone down the yard you know’’
I said
''Wtf did you think I was going to do in there exactly mate. I AM quite civilised you know, I don’t [zb] up the walls or anything believe it or not’’
He saw that he had got me rattled, said absolutely nothing and handed me my notes.

It just shows that the ‘‘Class system’’ is still alive and well in the good old UK eh?

I could understand it if I was a dirty smelly [zb] with bad breath and b.o. wearing an egg stained wife beater vest, but I do keep myself presentable, clean and tidy, but because I drive a truck for a living, I aint entitled to use the same toilet/washroom as him apparentlly :smiling_imp:

Unfortunately there’s no way to differentiate between the likes of you or I, who do respect their facilities, and others , who we know exist, that don’t. I was thinking maybe a tatoo on the forehead saying “I ■■■■ on the floor, don’t trust me in your toilet” for the dirty prats who can’t be trusted.

Captain Caveman 76:

robroy:

I said
''Wtf did you think I was going to do in there exactly mate. I AM quite civilised you know, I don’t [zb] up the walls or anything believe it or not’’

I could understand it if I was a dirty smelly [zb] with bad breath and b.o. wearing an egg stained wife beater vest, but I do keep myself presentable, clean and tidy, but because I drive a truck for a living, I aint entitled to use the same toilet/washroom as him apparentlly :smiling_imp:

Unfortunately there’s no way to differentiate between the likes of you or I, who do respect their facilities, and others , who we know exist, that don’t. I was thinking maybe a tatoo on the forehead saying “I [zb] on the floor, don’t trust me in your toilet” for the dirty prats who can’t be trusted.

That wouldn’t work. Nobody would know what [zb] meant :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :unamused:

Simon:

Captain Caveman 76:

robroy:

I said

Unfortunately there’s no way to differentiate between the likes of you or I, who do respect their facilities, and others , who we know exist, that don’t. I was thinking maybe a tatoo on the forehead saying “I [zb] on the floor, don’t trust me in your toilet” for the dirty prats who can’t be trusted.

That wouldn’t work. Nobody would know what [zb] meant :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :unamused:

Nah I had that covered, I asked the bloke, he’s a regular reader of Trucknet.
:smiley:

Simon:

It will, just turn the auto censor off! :laughing:

UKtramp:
There is a definite class problem being a driver, its not just using a staff toilet it is the job in general. We are classed as filthy animals regardless of who you are. Step into a truck and you are stripped of all dignity to others. Those from Hull will know the area I live, it is classed as a very high profile area of Hull, even my neighbors look shocked when my wife tells them I am a driver. There is a stigma attached to driving for a living.

I’ve got talking to and befriending other couples before, while on holiday with the Mrs.
The look of surprise from some when I have said I’m a truck driver, implying (but not actually saying it) that they thought all truck drivers were thick. :smiling_imp:

robroy:

UKtramp:

I’ve got talking to and befriending other couples before, while on holiday with the Mrs.
The look of surprise from some when I have said I’m a truck driver, implying (but not actually saying it) that they thought all truck drivers were thick. :smiling_imp:

I must move in different circles. I can honestly say that I have not yet been looked down upon by anybody whom I have met since I’ve been driving, and that includes a rather diverse spread of people. Mind you, I only care about what a very small group of people think of me. My parents. My partner. Ehh. That’s it.

I drive a truck because I like it. And I get paid for it. I could not give a flying ■■■■ what people think of my job (or me for that matter). As long as I like it, and I get paid for doing it, people who don’t matter to me can think me the antichrist…

My family are quite well to do people and my brother in law is a surgeon, my wife hates me saying I am a driver to anyone who doesn’t know us, like you I don’t actually give a ■■■■ as I enjoy what I do for a living. I am in no way thick or slow. I actually chose this profession above my other qualifications that I hold. To most professional people they imagine that being a driver means a dead end job. People are genuinely shocked when I say what I do for a living, as I say it is my choice and not forced on me because I cannot do anything else. Unfortunately others do see it differently, not all but there is a snobbery involved. Even people I work with think I am a posh git. Odd because if you have an educated voice, people perceive that you are a doctor or lawyer. Driver doesn’t enter their head.

On the internet you can pretend to be as clever as you want yet still be a truck driver …

raymundo:
On the internet you can pretend to be as clever as you want yet still be a truck driver …

On the same note you can be as clever as you want yet still be a truck driver

I like truckers !

truck fur 4.jpg

There’s probably a lock on that toilet door by now.

i always said they should change the drivers seat for a commode, its a problem solved

chloelovesfur:
I like truckers !

Sadly, it seems the toilet trustees don’t.

“Women - Know your Limits”