Lorry driver arrested after crash on A331

Driver arrested after crashing with a BMW on A331
uknip.co.uk/2017/07/serious-coll … r-frimley/

Eastbound carriageway? The A331 runs north to south.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyway that was yesterday. It’s clear now.

Did the incident really require 12 police vehicles to attend ?
It was not a plane crash or major incident .

toby1234abc:

Saves them doing any proper police work.

On the M1 nb yesterday were 4 fire appliances attending a VW on the hard shoulder with not a puff of smoke to be seen?

TiredAndEmotional:
On the M1 nb yesterday were 4 fire appliances attending a VW on the hard shoulder with not a puff of smoke to be seen?

Maybe they’d already put the fire out :wink:

I’ve no idea why it would take 4 fire appliances though :confused:

IndigoJo:

Northbound, looks like the rigid has come off the A325 straight into lane 2 (to keep on the A325 north, maybe for M3 north) and collected the BMW, possibly cutting across from lane 3 to lane 1 for M3 south, were either indicating or even looking at the time?

Vid:

IndigoJo:
Are BMWs fitted with indicators ■■

Northbound, looks like the rigid has come off the A325 straight into lane 2 (to keep on the A325 north, maybe for M3 north) and collected the BMW, possibly cutting across from lane 3 to lane 1 for M3 south, were either indicating or even looking at the time?

toby1234abc:

Ain’t it always the same? Get your house burgled and they give you a crime number,can’t be arsed to turn up, but if there’s an accident, they turn out mob handed all hoping to be on TV.
There was a road accident near here recently with one person injured, four police cars and two ■■■■■■■ helicopters turned up, then they complain about the cost of the emergency services!
Not knocking the personel here, but whoever collates the info and action required certainly needs some education on deployment of resources!

It’s funny how things change. When I was a kid I lived and went to school for a while in a village. There was some old bloke who sometimes used to hang around a footpath and flop it out for any girls that wandered past.

They were not traumatised by the sight of (what I was told) an unimpressive member and some girls would even make a detour just to see it.

That was the biology teacher with a bit extra curricular teaching.

bestbooties:

toby1234abc:

Ain’t it always the same? Get your house burgled and they give you a crime number,can’t be arsed to turn up, but if there’s an accident, they turn out mob handed all hoping to be on TV.
There was a road accident near here recently with one person injured, four police cars and two [zb] helicopters turned up, then they complain about the cost of the emergency services!
Not knocking the personel here, but whoever collates the info and action required certainly needs some education on deployment of resources!

Here we go the same old myth. Are you aware, that there are different departments within the police forces. Ie Traffic, general, cid etc… the cars that get called to the motorway still get called out to General calls … but they are aimed at road policing there the role of them officers. Where as General do your normal duties. DV General 999 calls.

And, re accidents, the insurance company of at fault driver are normally billed for the attendance of the emergency vehicles and the HA, claim for damage to the network etc.

In France one vehicle is a fire engine and an ambulance, or the crew are trained paramedics and fire fighters on the same vehicle.
I often see a minor bump on the motorway, no injuries, nobody trapped, nothing on fire, no.smoke.
Just a bumper dented in, two cars and five fire engines attended.This is in the UK.

bobbya:

toby1234abc:

Wot’s ‘proper police work’ these days then?

Winseer:

bobbya:

toby1234abc:

Wot’s ‘proper police work’ these days then?

■■■■ knows,What’s a proper copper these days?

Santa:
It’s funny how things change. When I was a kid I lived and went to school for a while in a village. There was some old bloke who sometimes used to hang around a footpath and flop it out for any girls that wandered past.

They were not traumatised by the sight of (what I was told) an unimpressive member and some girls would even make a detour just to see it.

“random thread derail of the week” contender.

If it was the lorry driver at fault… he’s probably done the classic ONE look at the mirror and pulled
out in front of a fast moving car. We see it every day on the motorway from many drivers and even HGV
drivers who ought to know better! They LOOK but they don’t OBSERVE!!

Think about it… ONE quick look at the mirror tells you nothing, other than there is a vehicle coming from
behind. It’s only the second mirror glance where your brain calculates the speed of the approaching vehicle
by comparing the first look with the second.

Every day I watch drivers make rushed, knee jerk reactions to change lane usually because they’ve been
daydreaming and the result is following middle lane vehicles panic & are almost barged out into the fast lane!

Also, the type of vehicle approaching from behind should surely influence your decision whether to change
lane or wait for a better opportunity… I’ve seen cars that could have easily accelerated ( But Don’t! ) to get
out safely in front of a heavy laden truck, and conversely… I’ve also seen heavily laden trucks pull out in front
of fast moving motorbikes!

ALL vehicles are not created equal, but sadly some drivers don’t pay attention or don’t care what’s
approaching… they have ONE quick sleepy look then they bumble out and… BANG!!!

It’s a miracle there aren’t more accidents - Complete Muppetry!! :unamused: Lol

Note: I don’t know the full details of this particular accident, so I’ll reserve judgement of who is at fault, it
could have just as easily have been a dopey car driver! :smiley:

Santa:

He wasn’t called Dave by any chance? :confused:

the nodding donkey:

Santa:

“random thread derail of the week” contender.

It may have been intended for the thread about the legality of peeing up against your wheel after someone was convicted of showing his willy in public.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk