How to get Pertemps to stop harassing me?

I’m getting calls and texts from Pertemps nearly everyday telling me that I have to sign a PBA contract which I am refusing to sign but they just won’t leave me alone and this has been going on for a couple of months at least now. I’m fed up with it and they will try anything to keep you on their books while maximising their profits out of you. They call me more than the transport office ever does and they even try harassing them.

Excuse my ignorance but what’s a PBA contract? If you’re not happy then move on.

sent using smoke signals

Just tell them to [zb] off.

Ring them at all hours day and night as many times as you can be arsed, asking whoever answers the phone to remove you from their phone lists, trust me this works.

agencies seem desperate at the moment

chrisdalott:
agencies seem desperate at the moment

Yep I been having an old one I worked for keep phoning me but I’ve got an IPhone and just block any numbers they call from :wink:

Do what I do with unwanted calls say…
‘‘Ok, I will get him, can you hold’’
and just keep them waiting until they get sick.
Do it everytime until they get the message.

Or alternatively…do as Pat said. :laughing:

mick.mh2racing:
Excuse my ignorance but what’s a PBA contract? If you’re not happy then move on.

sent using smoke signals

:slight_smile: I believe this is the newly introduced ’ ■■■■ Balling About ’ form that gives 'em the right to mess with you regarding hourly rates, promises of regular work, prompt payment of money due, changes to start times (and locations, obviously) + short notice cancellations, etc. :stuck_out_tongue:

Recruitment Agencies >>>>>>>>PIMPS WITH AN OFFICE IN THE HIGH STREET. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

^^^ spot on :sunglasses:

Here’s a link to PBA contract…

citizensadvice.org.uk/work/ … contracts/

The best way to get an agency to stop calling you is to let them down. Arrange a job and don’t show up, they’ll drop you like a hot potato.

The sooner these money grubbing sharks are outlawed the better we’ll all be.

mick.mh2racing:

sent using smoke signals

Basically they’re selling it as if they can’t find me work for a week then I get paid for that week but I’m not interested. All they really want me to do is lock me in with the agency and stop paying my pension. The internet says that I wouldn’t be an agency worker anymore but an employee of the agency, whatever that means.

Pat Hasler:
Just tell them to f*** off.

That’s what the transport office is telling me to do :smiley:

“The sooner these money grubbing sharks are outlawed the better we’ll all be.”

Absolutely,a few weeks ago i called up a few agencies about some very (sounded waaaay too good to be true) sounding jobs.
None of the jobs existed but they were very keen to take my details,yeah right…
In my eyes there’s two kind of agency jobs :
The £15 an hour jobs with hours to suit you and 10 weeks paid holiday a year,they don’t exist…
The “very well paid job,in fact it’s so well paid we can’t tell you the pay” jobs,they might exist,but they’re £6.85 an hour as self employed…
I forgot to hide my number when calling one of them and they called me back a few times,told them to f… off,called me again and i answered with "Hi,you’re through to ■■ recruitment,to book a driver press 1,to apply as a driver press 2,to… then they hung up and didn’t call me again.
The rumours i’ve heard in the past about agencies were that they are worthless annoying parasites.
The reality i found was a lot worse…

yourhavingalarf:
Here’s a link to PBA contract…

citizensadvice.org.uk/work/ … contracts/

The best way to get an agency to stop calling you is to let them down. Arrange a job and don’t show up, they’ll drop you like a hot potato.

The sooner these money grubbing sharks are outlawed the better we’ll all be.

I just want them to leave me in peace during the day, rather than my phone ringing all the time in my bag causing a distraction

it’s a shame agencies are the way they are,wouldn’t it be nice if they guaranteed the hours you start, the wages they promise, and the work you want,i don’t think there is one agency that can do that,i have worked for quite a few over the years and they have all messed me about with everything I have stated on here,there is a form of ombudsman you can report them to but I can’t remember the name,i reported one agency to them and they did take it seriously,they wanted all the info on this agency so they could take action against them,if I could remember I would put it on here unfortunately I can’t

Juddian:
Ring them at all hours day and night as many times as you can be arsed, asking whoever answers the phone to remove you from their phone lists, trust me this works.

Worked wonders for me too

Ask them to remove all information about you from their system, by EU law they have to. If they refuse then you could probably claim harassment

Juddian:

I get them phoning regularly, even though I tell them I am not interested they still pester, even ask if I know anyone, I usually give them the number of the ■■■■■■■■ I don’t like at work. I always say don’t tell him I told you but I know he is looking.

nick2008:

Juddian:

nick2008:

Juddian:

nick2008:

Juddian:

nick2008:

Juddian:

Hey nick2008, I’m curious, did it per chance work wonders for you too? :laughing:

Nah, he’s got a speech impedeimpedimement in his fingers. :slight_smile: