Searon logistics

See a article on Facebook saying they have gone in to administration this morning.
Anti know more? I’ve heard a rumour another firm wants to take it on

ukhaulier.co.uk/news/road-t … quidation/

Bloody hell.
Roadways and Deben Transport in the last 18 months. What’s going on?

What is going on is probably more containers for johnny foreigner to pull for a toss rate

Yorkysays:-:
Bloody hell.

Roadways were bought out by maritime so didn’t go bust.
Firms seem to appear then disappear starting up thinking they can rule the roost and failing.
They are many small hauliers round my way who do containers and have for years and seem to do ok out of it,it’s these that come along and get big real quick that seem to fail.

Searon been on cards for weeks, all I will say is Turners.

biggriffin:

I think turners is the biggest container operator now since the take over of macintyres and goldstar.

Yes Searon’s gone its a sad day, I’ve been a driver with them for 5 years, but was subbying to them in 2008 when they started. I know that they have had a lot of nea sayers in the past, not really on here, but around the ports.

I’ve met and made a friends in my time with them, drivers and office staff. They were a really good company to work for, though I do think you had to have they’re mind set to fit in, plenty off early starts, and long days. We were salaried paid, so when the port was winded of or it was quiet due to the Chinese new year, We still picked up the full days pay and they rarely bitched about you only doing 7 or 8 hours days, because they knew that was the pay back for the long days. I used to regularly check what my average hours were for the salaried week Mon to Fri , and it always ended up around the 13 a day mark, which was ok with. As I lived nearly 80 miles from the Yard, unless it was really quiet, they would always tell me to stop out or run away with a job so I could claim the nightout money, My previous employer would park Me in the yard at Felixstowe 1 or 2 nights a week when it was quiet.

So recently, Searon changed our pay to an hourly scheme, a lot of guys left, and that was understandable, but many others, like Me thought i’ll give it a go, I do hate changing jobs. It hasn’t worked out, so now I have to chase the Government for my final weeks wages and 5 years redundancy, oh well ■■■■ happens. At least I’m not on the bread line.

biggriffin:

The Turner group, mainly in the form of Goldstar have made job offers to all drivers though some are going elsewhere, but this is not a take over, we have all been made redundant from top to bottom.

I for one will say that after discussions with Goldstar today, they have been very accommodating and gone further that what is required of a haulier setting on new starters, and I much appreciate this. On what has been quite a difficult day, they have helped to relieve some of the stress.

So Monday morning its Goldstar for me, see how it goes for the future.

I heard at 8 am this morning my boss has been subbing to them for a few week now so let see what happens

animal:
I heard at 8 am this morning my boss has been subbing to them for a few week now so let see what happens

Sorry to hear that Mate, at least he’s only in for a few weeks. Some of the Subbies are for big numbers, so its likely to take a few down,

eddie snax:
Yes Searon’s gone its a sad day, I’ve been a driver with them for 5 years, but was subbying to them in 2008 when they started. I know that they have had a lot of nea sayers in the past, not really on here, but around the ports.

I’ve met and made a friends in my time with them, drivers and office staff. They were a really good company to work for, though I do think you had to have they’re mind set to fit in, plenty off early starts, and long days. We were salaried paid, so when the port was winded of or it was quiet due to the Chinese new year, We still picked up the full days pay and they rarely bitched about you only doing 7 or 8 hours days, because they knew that was the pay back for the long days. I used to regularly check what my average hours were for the salaried week Mon to Fri , and it always ended up around the 13 a day mark, which was ok with. As I lived nearly 80 miles from the Yard, unless it was really quiet, they would always tell me to stop out or run away with a job so I could claim the nightout money, My previous employer would park Me in the yard at Felixstowe 1 or 2 nights a week when it was quiet.

So recently, Searon changed our pay to an hourly scheme, a lot of guys left, and that was understandable, but many others, like Me thought i’ll give it a go, I do hate changing jobs. It hasn’t worked out, so now I have to chase the Government for my final weeks wages and 5 years redundancy, oh well [zb] happens. At least I’m not on the bread line.

biggriffin:

The Turner group, mainly in the form of Goldstar have made job offers to all drivers though some are going elsewhere, but this is not a take over, we have all been made redundant from top to bottom.

I for one will say that after discussions with Goldstar today, they have been very accommodating and gone further that what is required of a haulier setting on new starters, and I much appreciate this. On what has been quite a difficult day, they have helped to relieve some of the stress.

All the best mate,it’s nice to get the real story too,don’t know much about goldstar but I deal with turners and the container side seems to be quite good,not like there other sectors.

Its a great shame, always been a bit of a truckspotter with searon, but it very risky when you expand as fast as they were doing. Hope it All works out ok for you Eddie Snax & the rest of searon boys :frowning:

elsa Lad:
Its a great shame, always been a bit of a truckspotter with searon, but it very risky when you expand as fast as they were doing. Hope it All works out ok for you Eddie Snax & the rest of searon boys :frowning:

Yes mate, over expansion, over reliance on one shipper = issue when the customer changes their operations structure!

But that’s always been a problem in transport !

yorkshire terrier:

eddie snax:

So recently, Searon changed our pay to an hourly scheme, a lot of guys left, and that was understandable, but many others, like Me thought i’ll give it a go, I do hate changing jobs. It hasn’t worked out, so now I have to chase the Government for my final weeks wages and 5 years redundancy, oh well [zb] happens. At least I’m not on the bread line.

biggriffin:

All the best mate,it’s nice to get the real story too,don’t know much about goldstar but I deal with turners and the container side seems to be quite good,not like there other sectors.

Well I thought that as I was in this ■■■■ storm, I would head tncsi off at the pass. No need for speculation when the unadulterated facts are there to be seen.

It will be interesting to see how Goldstar pans out, but it is of to a good start simply by the way they helped us all yesterday. I always speak as I find.

Thanks eddie for an informed response, glad you have been able to secure yourself employment.

Bloody hell.

Always been thin margins on boxes

kr79:

Bloody hell.

Always been thin margins on boxes

Doesn’t seem to stop the bling brigade splashing the cash on trinkets.

eddie snax:

animal:

Sorry to hear that Mate, at least he’s only in for a few weeks. Some of the Subbies are for big numbers, so its likely to take a few down,

This is true but why take on extra cubbies when you know you won’t be around a lot just means this week I am at home not knowing what is going to happen may be looking for another job

animal:

eddie snax:

animal:

This is true but why take on extra cubbies when you know you won’t be around a lot

Yes mate, the same question was asked by some driver’s that had only been taken on in the last few weeks. Given up jobs at companies that are still trading, the answer was that the director believed he could save it, but that’s no consolation now.

animal:
t just means this week I am at home not knowing what is going to happen may be looking for another job

That’s the trouble, the ripples stretch far and wide. I would hope that your boss can find alternative work for you, especially if he not in to deep.

All I can say is good luck mate.

Well with my other cab blowing up a few weeks ago then this things not good atm but taken this week to sort out & wait to see what happens