Best lorry sat nav?

Hi all. I’ve got a job interview tomorrow. If all goes well then it will be the first lorry job I’ve had. Is there a really good sat nav to buy or maybe even a sat nav android app for lorries that shows bridge heights, weight restrictions and the extras that come with it.
Thanks in advance!

Brace Ya-self

CoPilot truck app. Android, IOS & windows. Brilliant M8.

tom tom go professional 550 , mate , that co pilot app thing is crap

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

villa:

villa can you explain why you say that CoPilot app is crap? You are suggesting here that the TomTom 550 which is twice as expensive and is no longer being made as the new models have superseded it. You have no experience of it yourself otherwise you wouldn’t make this silly assumption or have bought the Tomtom 550. Just because you have it doesn’t make it better or make CoPilot a piece of crap. You bought it on price only, well from that basis alone it still isn’t good value compared with CoPilot. If I said Volvo is ■■■■ because I drive a DAF it really doesn’t hold much water does it now.

If you cant stretch to co pilot aponia is a good and cheeper alternative and again works on all platforms

The two drivers…

I met in Italy who had driven from Iran or Iraq (or some other godforsaken barren desert of a country) to Rome. They had the address and some directions written on a piece of A4 paper. That was it!

to be fair though they might still be wandering around italy to this day for all i know

yourhavingalarf:
The two drivers…

I met in Italy who had driven from Iran or Iraq (or some other godforsaken barren desert of a country) to Rome. They had the address and some directions written on a piece of A4 paper. That was it!

A friend of mine doesn’t have a computer or the internet, he hand writes all letters and reads newspapers.

to be fair though they might still be wandering italy to this day for all i know
[/quote]

I’ve got a Tom Tom 6000 Life Time edition, its great! RRP is £419, I got it from £150 new.

i’v got a trucktables one but only use it for last few miles, use paper map and google maps for the rest

I use a globe [emoji289]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

truckertang:

I’ve heard about those from the oldun days. It must be strange not having the image move.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I’ll have to ask my butler what (if any) device he uses.

Muzza90:
Hi all. I’ve got a job interview tomorrow. If all goes well then it will be the first lorry job I’ve had. Is there a really good sat nav to buy or maybe even a sat nav android app for lorries that shows bridge heights, weight restrictions and the extras that come with it.
Thanks in advance!

Ask at the interview if your lorry will have a sat nav build in. If not, laugh, and tell them to shove the job up their back entrance. Just because you are new to the job doesn’t mean you have to bring your own satnav.

Next they’ll expect you to bring your own fridge…

That’s how not to get. Job most fleets don’t have them fitted. It doesn’t have to be a massive outlay. How many fleets don’t fit fridges to trucks

Muzza90:
Thanks in advance!

Don’t thank me, thank this guy. He’s our resident expert and will tell you everything you need to know :grimacing:

Drop him a PM :arrow_right:

UKtramp:

villa:

villa can you explain why you say that CoPilot app is crap? You are suggesting here that the TomTom 550 which is twice as expensive and is no longer being made as the new models have superseded it. You have no experience of it yourself otherwise you wouldn’t make this silly assumption or have bought the Tomtom 550. Just because you have it doesn’t make it better or make CoPilot a piece of crap. You bought it on price only, well from that basis alone it still isn’t good value compared with CoPilot. If I said Volvo is [zb] because I drive a DAF it really doesn’t hold much water does it now.

You do love that CoPilot don’t you! Are they paying you?!

truckertang:

Do these come with live traffic updates :question:
Can you read them in the dark when you’re driving :question:
Will they fit comfortably into a daybag :question:

switchlogic:
You do love that CoPilot don’t you! Are they paying you?!

No I am not paid by CoPilot, is it wrong of me that I defend it by someone simply saying its a piece of crap with no real argument? The question was asked and I answered. No ulterior motive there other than trying to give an honest opinion. Oh and yes I do love it. I have tried and used other sat navs for years as well as using maps before satnavs were available, in comparison to them all I love CoPilot.