How to stand your ground

gotta admire this driver’s stance.

youtu.be/QfTFUFV8kwo

Solid white line on the side of the road means no stopping last time I looked.
What a prick!

Gembo:
What a prick!

I thought it just marked the edge of the road ?

Punchy Dan:

Gembo:
What a prick!

I thought it just marked the edge of the road ?

Looks like one of those grey areas.
Quick google brought this up-

"Single White Line

There can often be a little confusion as to exactly what the single white lines at the edge of the road mean in terms of stopping and parking and where they are typically located.
There are certain areas where parking on a single white line is in fact illegal."

But it then goes onto say that it isnt…

drivingtesttips.biz/single-white-line.html

So F knows! :laughing:

I’m not sure about the law on this, but having a daily rest period in a live lane of any carriageway seems a bit daft selfish and potentially dangerous to me.

tachograph:
I’m not sure about the law on this, but having a daily rest period in a live lane of any carriageway seems a bit daft selfish and potentially dangerous to me.

Pretty sure there’s a law about ‘obstructing the highway’. Taking a daily rest period does not make you exempt from it! :laughing:

tachograph:

I think he was legal in what he was doing and thought about where he was parking.the reason I say that is in the 5 minute video how many vehicles passed by… none.

He was in the right but was more balshy than I would dare to be with them, they got called off as they must have checked, what a guy. Regardless if it was sensible to park there or not he knew his rights and more about the law than they did.

m.a.n rules:

tachograph:

I think he was legal in what he was doing and thought about where he was parking.the reason I say that is in the 5 minute video how many vehicles passed by… none.

Not getting a ticket would suggest it isn’t illegal. (Unless it’s in the post of course.)

On an incline a junction in front with a bend a bit further up.
Not the best place is it

I also think that wry smile from the copper as he walked away contained a touch of admiration for him. :wink:

If he was causing an obstruction, how did the cops get past ?

The cooper is being pathetic an childish banging on the door.

The driver is a bell end regardless of whether any law is being broken or not, a stupid place to take a daily rest break which I assume it was.

Too many drivers don’t plan to allow time to find a safe place to park up.

They are both bell ends in my opinion.

Not the best place to stop but the behaviour of the police is just disgraceful

Edit: checked highway code, not a word about white lines on the nearside. (238-252 for anyone interested).

The only highway code rule he could be breaking from what I can see is 243, parking on the brow of a hill and on a bend.

Highway code parking regs for anyone inclined

Admire him? Why? For being a total prick?

By no stretch of the imagination should he have parked there whether he ran out of time or not.

If I was the copper I’d have made sure he was reported for it. PRICK

Do the police not have powers to authorise you to break driving regs if they the police deem it important enough?

So make him move say under ■■■■■■ to a better parking place.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

In the comments section of the video there’s a right spat between some bloke blabbing on about chainsaws and someone who says they’re a copper trying to tell him to have some respect. It’s like a Punch and Judy script.

I would have done a digi printout, record the reason why rest was interrupted, job done, no problem.
And find another parking place.

So does anyone have any definitive proof (not heresay) that any authoritative body, inc the police aren’t allowed to disturb a driver whilst on a daily rest period? Because to me it sounds like RDC bollox.
Try it in France and you’ll get hauled away only to be released after paying an eye watering fine.
If a day driver was to go home to do his 9 hr rest period before starting work again, and the police banged on his door wanting to question him for something then he’s hardly likely to get away with “■■■■ off, I’m on my legal break” is he, so what’s the difference just because he’s taking that break in his truck??
I think the bloke in this video only got left alone because the police got a more important call to deal with, personally I hope they came back later and dealt with him properly.

looks like he parked here

goo.gl/maps/YZcU5yBbims

A1(M) between 36 and 37…

service road? surely as bad as parking on hard shoulder?