Over 20 years ban for lending digi card

on the rha web site a driver caught using another drivers digi card to complete a further 80 miles (it might have been ks) received an 18 month ban BUT the lender of the card has been disqualified for 23 years, as well as the company having 20% fleet reduction for an indefinite period as well as a three year ban as T/M. serious or what, other companies with the same name are available around Gloucester.

The stupidity of some people. Justice was done in my opinion. Sounds likely to be the TM asking for this to happen or know about it.

Link? Or name and shame if it’s in the public domain.

How did they think that was going to be looked upon?! We now live in the world where our deepest secrets can be exposed, so a blatant act like that was never going to pool the wool over their eyes !

Edward Gilder…is the company.

Stupid and punishment is deserved, however, it perhaps seems a LITTLE bit harsh on the lender!

Rowley010:
Stupid and punishment is deserved, however, it perhaps seems a LITTLE bit harsh on the lender!

Yep 20 years is , he should have had the same length as the person he lent it to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver gets 21-year ban over false records

it does seem to be a big difference between the penalties for lending the card and using it unlawfully, it doesn’t seem right somehow.

Driver gets 21-year ban over false records

A driver has been disqualified from professional driving for 21 years – until 2038 – after his driver card was used by another man to create false records.

Christopher Heydon, 49, had allowed his card to be used by Jason Tehrane, who did a duty stint of 85 hours without a qualifying rest period. Tehrane, 45, used the card to hide daily rest offending whilst working at Gilders Transport, Gretton and was banned for 18 months.

TM banned for three years

Shaun Gilder, transport manager at Gretton-based Gilders Transport, has been banned for three years. The firm has had its licence cut indefinitely by 20% and an expansion refused.

The TM had presided over a period during which drivers were falsifying records, said TC Kevin Rooney; and he “had not been straight” with the TC over a case of a driver using a third party’s card.

Rooney said he had been impressed by the evidence from Gordon Gilder and the commitment of potential future TMs Catherine Gilder and Samantha Shea.

I’m glad the TC,s are coming down hard on the muppets in road haulage that give the good ones a bad name.
Refer to the Adr driver who lost his license for life, for drainage of chemicals in his tanker.

one of our compartiots got done a while ago at carlisle for using another dudes card,then swapping at fleece before running onto the weighbridge as he got informed it was open on the road up…he said he dropped off the unseen driver at fleece and started there himself,at which point mr vosa showed him that he was doing a 56 trace when he swapped drivers without coming off the limiter…not a happy chappy though he only got a fine and a letter telling hm he was a naughty boy.

Think it’s fair enough the lender got the harshest punishment out if the two of them.

It was his card, he made the choice to give it to the other guy. Should have refused to lend it.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Perhaps the other driver was a lot bigger than him …

it doesnt seem to make a lot of sense, in one statement we have
In a written decision confirming his orders, the Traffic Commissioner said: “Traffic commissioners regard the supply of a drivers card to be used by another as serious as the false record itself.
but then he gets banned for 21 years as opposed to 18 months ?
also 21 years is an unusual timescale for a sentence, 15, 20 or 25 years may be, but 21?
It says he has been banned until June 2038, I’m thinking it could be just June 2018 and someone has wrote it down wrong ?

I have read another report of this case where the driver who lent his card out, hadn’t cooperated at all with the investigation, and the TC had no representations from him at all…whereas the the other driver cooperated with things.

Bit of a joke really, take away a man’s way of earning for the next 2 decades all because he helped someone out.

The important lesson here is to remember to just put the magnet on and charge on.

A.

The guy in question is 49 years old,he got a 21 year ban…think it’s a long winded way of just banning him for life tbh,can’t see him wanting to get back into it aged 70

So the guy that committed the crime and put hundreds,maybe thousands,of peoples life at risk by driving way too many hours got a much much more lenient punishment than the guy that lent him the card ?
Surely someone got something mixed up here.

Adonis.:
Bit of a joke really, take away a man’s way of earning for the next 2 decades all because he helped someone out.

The important lesson here is to remember to just put the magnet on and charge on.

A.

Would you like a maggot on that fishing hook or are you good?

mabey he got 21 month,not years and its a typo…he should just have hooked the thing up though and not tried to be clever.wires and magnets do the job well enough,with the added bonus of sitting at 65 and not 56… :slight_smile:

I haven’t fully read this article but it seems that as DonutUK said, the driver who was banned until 2038 never attended the hearing.

commercialmotor.com/news/com … h-offences