Insufficient Weekly Rest

Can anyone help with the below please:

Got sent the below from a colleague who got an Infringement for two weeks period 19-06-2017 for only one regular rest and 0 reduced and the same for week commencing 26-06-2017.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Unless I’m missing something he’s had a reduced, a full and another full. Week is fixed from 00.00 Monday to 24.00 Sunday.

sent using smoke signals

Standard 6on -2off rota. As long as you have those 45 hrs off every week, the fixed week does matter.

(On a side note, 6on-2 off must the the most employee unfriendly rota going…)

I have not driven a lorry in the UK since 2000 so I am not up to date on things but one thing I have found over here on Elogs is to always go at least 1 minute over every break from weekly rest or daily rest to the required short breaks during the working day. What if the 45 hour break was exactly 45 hours ? If it had been extended to 45 hours and 1 minute it could help. I am not saying this is the case in this instance. I have seen drivers here who have had a violation after switching back on duty at the exact time needed such as 30 minutes being actually registered as only 29 minutes or a 34 hour break being registered as 33 hours and 59 minutes if you see what I mean. I was told to always go one minute over whatever break is needed.
Probably nothing to do with this case but a tip for you anyway.

This can happen every so often with doing 6 on 2 off

I would need to see the last say 12 weeks to determine if it is what I suspect

See this = viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139648&p=2217860

ROG:
This can happen every so often with doing 6 on 2 off

I would need to see the last say 12 weeks to determine if it is what I suspect

See this = viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139648&p=2217860

Ah, yes, I recall that once every cycle you get a Fri-Sat-Sun “long weeken”. The company will dress this up as a perk out of the goodness of their heart. :unamused:

rookie07:
Can anyone help with the below please:

Certainly sir. Tell your mate to get a job working a sensible shift pattern :smiley:

I agree with ROG - the 6-2 has potentially an inherent flaw within its cycle due to the particular 45 hour weekly rest period that’s split over the Sunday/Monday/ Tuesday fixed week divide. If this period is required to be allocated to the previous Fixed Week, this will generally require an extra 24 hours to make the sequence legal. usually!!

Got to agree with that horrible rota, they get you to work every weekend…i hope its highly paid !!

truckyboy:
Got to agree with that horrible rota, they get you to work every weekend…i hope its highly paid !!

Other way round probably. Have to work those hours to make it pay is a more likely scenario.