Hyundai truck

youtu.be/PeaQOTqFJtI Wonder if it will come to the uk or will it stay in asia and china.Looks a bit scania in parts i think .

basically a scania without rip off price tag

Looks a bit like a Scania/Actros hybrid to me.
I aint a truck snob, so I would not mind giving it a go by any means, anything would be better than my Actros Bigspace.

only goes up to euro4 by the look ,so wont be coming to Europe any time soon.

Have to say it doesn’t look god awful. I expected far far worse. I wouldn’t mind giving it a shot.

I bought my first Korean car in October after years of Toyota’s . Koreans do build a good motor if my SsangYong Tivoli xlv 4x4 is anything to go by.

tonyj105:

As you say, Euro4 wont be sold here. And at 410 horse may be a bit low powered for a Tractor unit. And drum brakes may be a little old hat too. Nice to see they are fitting the ZF 16 speed box tho. And Id say that cab looks pretty good.
hyundai.com/worldwide/en/co … highlights.

12.9 litre engine, so should be running easy at 410 horses, not sure how 1844Nm @1200 rpm compares.

I’ve always thought Hyundai car engines were a little underpowered for the capacity compared with other makes, but they don’t self destruct so maybe there’s good reason they don’t try to get every ounce of blood from the stone.
Proper retarder too, so drum brakes should be plenty good enough and more likely to be trouble free.

Very Hino’ish in design and concept, simple unstressed tough

Juddian:
12.9 litre engine, so should be running easy at 410 horses, not sure how 1844Nm @1200 rpm compares.

I’ve always thought Hyundai car engines were a little underpowered for the capacity compared with other makes, but they don’t self destruct so maybe there’s good reason they don’t try to get every ounce of blood from the stone.
Proper retarder too, so drum brakes should be plenty good enough and more likely to be trouble free.

Very Hino’ish in design and concept, simple unstressed tough

Bit more blow from the turbo and shed be good to go I reckon. Id not moan too much about avoiding AdBlue pump queues. As you say drums are fine if you dont drive like a fool, (after all were told to back off and coast early) and a slightly longer time to change shoes rather than pads isn`t going to break the budget is it?

Bet it won’t have a 7 year warranty.

I’m well aware of the benefit of drums on certain work but in my opinion discs should be mandatory on all new trucks and trailers now.

Would be nice to see a different manufacturer dipping their toes in water.

Own Account Driver:

I’m well aware of the benefit of drums on certain work but in my opinion discs should be mandatory on all new trucks and trailers now.

Most new trailers now have switched back to drums (less trouble apparently)

ADR 1:

Own Account Driver:

Yep, and all the better for it, trailer calipers are too much trouble and there’s really no need for them.

tonyj105:

If they wanted to move into the European market they’d source an engine from someone like Paccar or ■■■■■■■ (assuming that’s not where their engines come from already) that complies with EU emissions laws and offers the desired power. European manufacturers already market trucks in other parts of the world that don’t match those standards (the DAF trucks assembled and sold in Taiwan, for example, are only Euro 5).

I wonder how far the Hyundai trucks go, or whether they are sold in Asian markets outside South Korea. RoK is a small country with no land borders except with North Korea, which you can’t drive over. They may not be the most comfortable thing to drive if you’re taking a rock band’s equipment to Russia.

Scania dash, bunk, sunroof. MAN mirror pack, Mercedes side lockers, iLoad controls, Volvo/Renault seats. Its a mashup of some many different manufacturer parts bins that it shouldn’t look that good!.

That being said. If it came over here with a Euro6 engine and turned in reasonable MPG, I would be tempted. If the price was right. Not liking the fact the can only get 410hp out of a 13l 6IL though. Mine is pushing 510 and still struggles with the hills. Bring it over and charge 70k for it new with a 480 and Iveco will crap the bed.

Seat controls on the inside is very sensible. I’ve always thought that the remote for the suspension should clip under the front of the seat, so you can reach it from outside, or inside, easily.

Saw a few of them in Shanghai, looked quite good among the other sheds they drive down there :smiley:

The seat can’t be any worse than a scania

welll looks good enough to me and if they are cheaper than all the other makes and have the build quality and last on the job then i think some firms would give them a go maybe the firm i work for would as all they seem to buy is cab which are meant for 2/3 nights a week not 5 like we do.luckly im in a scanny so got enough room and can store my outside gear in the outer locker

ADR 1:

Own Account Driver:

That’s how the trailer manufacturer sells it but in reality they are more profitable for them.