All these empty bays

Turn up at 11.30 am for a 16.30 booking , lets me in and parks me on fence and says go in goods in at 14.00 and there’s all these empty bays :unamused:

Im

image1.jpg

It’s because you are 5hrs early mate.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Internal politics. If you were booked at 1330 you’d probably have gone straight on. People don’t like doing work that’s booked for the next shift

Our lot expect us to keep to booking times whenever possible. I’ve been parked 3 miles away from my next drop which is timed for 1700hrs since 11am. I’m paid by the hour, I can’t see the problem tbh.

Empty bays doesn’t equate to empty storage space, if by now you haven’t worked out that RDC supply contracts are effectively rolling storage then you are either a ■■■■■■■■ troll, a ■■■■■■■■ clueless driver or a member of this forum called Dozy… Oh wait, nvm. carry on…

He could have told you to bugger off and come back no earlier than 15 mins before due booking time.

That’s the situation at one of our regular drops, so guess what time we turn up :bulb: , no not 5 hours early…customer see, they pay us not the other way round, their premises their rules, if they want us at Xam, then Xam it is and they attend to us immediately.

You must not be late, but you can be early…and not every place actually lets you on the premises ( tesco for eg ) so just chill dozy and you may get tipped after the shift change ( 2pm )

Warehouse management is a bit of an art. Ideally you want to turn trucks round fast and get rid of them, but you don’t want any staff hanging around with no work. So you try to match the available staff with the expected work.

In a perfect world, the truck turns up on time and the staff are available to take the load off and deal with it. My last place of work was a fairly small business and they would sometimes be expecting four containers in on one day. Extra staff would be laid on and the containers booked in at three hour intervals. Guess what - all of them would arrive in a convoy, so three got sent away moaning a ■■■■■■■■ about stupid office bods who don’t care about driver’s hours etc.

xichrisxi:
It’s because you are 5hrs early mate.

I know that but there’s nobody here , why not just tip the thing , there must be no- end of warehouse staff twiddling there fingers whilst a load that would give them something to do

the maoster:
Our lot expect us to keep to booking times whenever possible. I’ve been parked 3 miles away from my next drop which is timed for 1700hrs since 11am. I’m paid by the hour, I can’t see the problem tbh.

I’m paid by the hour but the sooner I get tipped the sooner I can park up , but it looks like this lot have the same opinion as you as at this rate it will be tomorrow before I leave

truckyboy:
You must not be late, but you can be early…and not every place actually lets you on the premises ( tesco for eg ) so just chill dozy and you may get tipped after the shift change ( 2pm )

It just frustrates the hell out of me , ■■■■■■ first 3 tips off and it’s all going to waste now

Would you book a doctors apointment for 3pm, and then turn up at 11am and moan that the doctor won’t see you?

Well you probably would actually yeah. :unamused:

Get there at the time you are told and you won’t have this issue will you.

If they do you early they do you early simple as that…
I don’t mind been held to my booking time if I get tipped at that time,not 3 hr later.
I know of firms that have told I driver “it’s not booked till 12 but go at 8 and tell them your wife has been rushed to hospital” and the silly sod has done it… :confused:,looks really strange when they say they can’t do it and he is back at 12…
That buggers it up for a genuine bloke who needs a quick tip…
If they tell me to go away I go find a place to park and out my feet up and earn some easy£££££££

the maoster:

Yep I’ve been parked up since 11.30 this morning (Donnington) for a 9am drop in Burton on Trent!!!

Zb me were now back on the fence as they recon they only ordered 3 palls and I’ve turned up with 8 :unamused: left it with boss :unamused: , at least it’s not Friday I suppose

I’ve just turned up at customer to deliver been told to come back tomorrow at 9

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It’s like shooting fish in a barrel.

I turned up at 13:30 once for a 16:00 booking they let me in and told me to park and go back to the office at 16:00. I wasn’t bothered at all and didn’t start moaning until 17:00 and 2 other trucks had been on bays since 16:00. You turned up 5 hours early dozy.