Aldi Group Assessment

I’ve got a group assessment on thursday with aldi what to expect? Any tips or advice as im new to driving and have only done 3 agency shifts and about 18 hours driving it total! Its in bathgate cheers folks

There was a thread about Aldi group assessments a while back. Use the search box at the top of the page

Seen that was after some up to date info

gooddriver:
I’ve got a group assessment on thursday with aldi what to expect? Any tips or advice as im new to driving and have only done 3 agency shifts and about 18 hours driving it total! Its in bathgate cheers folks

As you say your a Newbie,you should have no bad driving habits to cause concern,dont sound cocky, give any ■■■■■■■■ and tell any porkies. Take in what your being told, anything you want to know or not sure of dont be afraid to ask.

GOOD LUCK

Been to one recently, I am quiet so didn’t think i would be successful in this situation, we were given 3 written tests which weren’t impossible but time is against you so you’ve gotta think fast. Interview was intense but passed that and driving assessment was thorough, pre check, actual drive, reverse all got to be spot on, (I had a blindside reverse at store, thankfully did some practice the week b4!) Good luck!

Sent from my B1-780 using Tapatalk

When you say they have to be spot on, is that as in do it all as if you were on your driving test? Or just don’t crash and keep to the speed limits?

never done Aldi but done most supermarket assessments, they above else will be looking for a safe drive and make sure you can do manual entries on your taco. when they are talking look interested & always think h & s and you be ok (they hate smart arses)

So as long as you do everything properly and take your time to make sure you’ve done it properly and drive like your on test but with perhaps a little more confidence then you’ll be fine.

Do they mind you getting out and looking a few times on the blindside reverse or does it go against you if you keep on jumping out to look?

think they rather you get out and look than go and hit something, most supermarkets hot on H & S, just relax you be fine

I did a 25 question theory test did a vehicle check split couple didn’t know what that was so was shown went for drive straight reverse on to bay at rdc then has interview I am also new pass got offerd job start in 3 weeks time seems a good job good luck

If in doubt, get out! It won’t go against you half as much as hitting something through lack of observation…

If you’re blindsiding as a newbie the assessor will know you’re going to struggle (experienced drivers struggle too). I would hope that you’ll get as many brownie points for being seen to be careful and safe as you might lose for not being able to get a blindside hole-in-one.

I did an assessment recently where they didn’t bother with a visible side reverse at all. They threw me straight into a blindside test after the road driving part, on the basis that if I could do that then I could probably manage the easier side. The assessor just told me to blindside it into the available parking slot, avoid hitting the kerbs nearby, and I was allowed a ‘reasonable number of shunts’, with a wry smile.

If I’d got into any difficulty I’d have jumped out to look without any hesitation. Never mind the assessment, I wouldn’t want to damage any equipment.

With a username like good driver you should have no problem…

Anyway on a serious note,take your time, drive in a relaxed and sensible manner and listen carefully to all instructions given.
For the interview, keep calm, show interest and be honest.

Best of luck!

Cheers for the replies, don’t think this part is a driving assesment so just the interview bollockks to get thru first :confused:

You usually only get the interview if you passed the tests and driving assessment.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

truckertart:
You usually only get the interview if you passed the tests and driving assessment.

It says short written test and one on one interview on the email , ■■■■ knows guess I’ll find out in the morning :slight_smile:

Bathgate obviously have a different procedure to Bolton. Good luck.

How did it go mate?

Is it no news is good news?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

How was it? Got one in Bolton next Monday.

Well it was a bit of a joke as took time off work and none of us got an interview but had the induction thing explaining all about the company etc

Getting called back for interviews in next few weeks