My first ever Euro run on Friday to Rome airport

I was just going by what the other driver was telling me he said it was the Mattahorn in the distance. We got to Zeebrugge with plenty of time to spare about 4 and half hours to be exact so we stopped at the Truckstop there for a bit. The other 2 drivers said it had changed in the shop and eating area since the last time they was over the water.
We got to the port and got booked in and waited to board the ferry when after an hour or so a load of G4 security came onto the boat and the loading of trailers was stopped, then about 2 police cars and : police vans turned up and all the ships crew started searching everywhere on the ship. Yep an illegal had got on board, he had been hiding in one of the trailers left in the docks what the shunters put on, he got out of the trailer and the shutter saw him but instead of shouting for help he went to find a cb to alert someone and the illegal had it away on his toes :confused:
So it was now about a 2 hour search to find him which bought no joy so the ship ended up sailing to Hull with him on board. I loved the whole trip and would definitely do Euro work again the only trouble is being away 2-3 weeks or more at a time regular due to being away from my 2 and half year old daughter and partner if I could get a job where it was say 8-9 days away and say 3 off that would be great but I know these sort of jobs are thin on the ground or non existent.
The best parts of the trip were obviously Mont Blanc and the stunning scenery around there and once you get onto the Italian side, the monument for those that tragically lost their lives in the fire is a sobering moment when you drive past it on the way up to the tunnel. I must say I’ve never met such a couldn’t care less bunch of drivers like the Italians :open_mouth: it’s drive it like you stole it over there and the amount of high end cars with dents, scratches and bits missing is shocking. It’s like driving in London x100 :angry:
We could learn a lot over here regarding the rest areas they have over there for trucks which are plentiful, set back from the roads and free plus the condition of the roads are a lot better than over here, well apart from Belgium which were on a par with over here for bumps etc. Tursday night was the best part being parked up at the foot of Mont Blanc in the service are at Les Houches and the back drop of the Mont Blanc and other mountains behind us, certainly better than the view you get at Hollies, Junction 29 or Newark etc :grimacing:
Saw loads of Stage Truck going up towards the tunnel at Mont Blanc on the Sunday about 30 of them and we found out when we got back that they were doing Coldplay in Milan and a load of AC Cobras going up as well they did sound well.
I do hope our company do go over the water again but we ruffled a few feathers at our place other drivers not happy they didn’t get picked even 2 day drivers put their names down to go :open_mouth: :laughing: and the Shiney boys who probably thought because they put more lights on their truck than on a runway and go to shows and polish their trucks that automatically puts them at the top of the list and also those who refuse to do weekend work in the UK but when “An Italy” run comes up would gladly spend as long as it takes away from home :confused:
Anyway ■■■■ em it’s no skin off mine or the other 2 noses one of them did 13 years at Brian Yeardleys and the other one had worked for a host of company’s doing Europe and had done the Middle East with his dad in the day so you would think our company would send them 2 and not 3 drivers who are wet behind the ears. Mind you all haulage yards have them don’t they, who moan behind your back but say ■■■■ all to your face.