Parking in London

Had a joke of a day today. Was asked to do an early collection from Bootle (4am) so I spent Monday night outside the collection point in Bootle so that I could be there at 4am. Collection wasn’t ready and I didn’t end up departing until 6:30am with 2 drops in London. I’ve got a flat bed full of reinforcement bar in various shapes and sizes. Got to my 1st drop just after 12 which was in Hounslow and an hour and a half later I depart for my next one which is beauty of a drop near the Gherkin (EC3A 7BR) and it took forever battling through London to get there and I got there at 3:30. It was 18:35 by the time I had left that site so I’ve 25 minutes to find somewhere suitable to park.

I was told by a driver to head for the A13 as there’s plenty of parking areas that way so I did. However the traffic was awful and I couldn’t find anywhere until I got to a lay-by which I’m sat in now and this is far from suitable in my opinion. There won’t be much “rest” tonight stopping here and I’ve gone an hour over a 15 hour shift.

Are there any quiet area’s just outside the centre of London where we can park so that I can use for future London jobs I do? Office were well aware that I was struggling time wise but nobody gave a toss and I was told to stop moaning when I rang them to tell them that I was still working at 7:45 despite me starting at 4am. Nice.

There used to be many good parks all over London, thing is now mate we aint wanted. You are meant to disappear after you have delivered to that ■■■■ hole.
Pleased I don’t go there anymore, and sorry I can’t help.

Stephenson St, London, E16 4SA, I normally park on Cody Road, it’s big enough for a artic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blueiain1967:
Stephenson St, London, E16 4SA, I normally park on Cody Road, it’s big enough for a artic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big enough - but not that quiet - uk mail hub on North Crescent - 60 lorries in and out during the night - and Friday night/ sat am there is rave at the pub there - cars everywhere

With 25 minutes left at any time of day there never mind evening rush hour you didn’t have time to go anywhere. I’d have parked up at the gherkin and if a copper came along to move me at least he has to sign your print out. ■■■■ the office!

1 hr over your 15 :open_mouth: gulp

TiredAndEmotional:
With 25 minutes left at any time of day there never mind evening rush hour you didn’t have time to go anywhere. I’d have parked up at the gherkin and if a copper came along to move me at least he has to sign your print out. [zb] the office!

Exactly,…they stopped all hgv parking, they made the rules, let them sort it.

I’d have happily stayed where I tipped but I wasnt allowed to. It had been a long day and to be honest a debate with a copper after being up since 3:45 wasn’t something I fancied so I took the plunge knowing full well that I’d go well over my time.

I’ve done a print out and noted reasoning in my daily diary. What ■■■■■■ me off is that at 4pm I told our office that this would happen but they didn’t give a toss, not even any advice on what to do or possible places to park. It’s the last time I get up at 3:45 for the pricks and smoke it down to London for them. I’ll also be home for the rest of the week so we’ll see how that goes down.

From now on if I’ve not got 5 hours from the moment I get to the site in London to get tipped and away then I’ll be doing the drop the next day.

Does anyone know how long this infringement will be in my card for and whether a vosa rep would punish me for that?

To be honest mate, parking around London has been at a very high premium for a long while now. What little bolt holes there are, are normally full before 6. You should have left site on 13 hours and returned this morning

RACHACE:
I’d have happily stayed where I tipped but I wasnt allowed to. It had been a long day and to be honest a debate with a copper after being up since 3:45 wasn’t something I fancied so I took the plunge knowing full well that I’d go well over my time.

I’ve done a print out and noted reasoning in my daily diary. What ■■■■■■ me off is that at 4pm I told our office that this would happen but they didn’t give a toss, not even any advice on what to do or possible places to park. It’s the last time I get up at 3:45 for the pricks and smoke it down to London for them. I’ll also be home for the rest of the week so we’ll see how that goes down.

From now on if I’ve not got 5 hours from the moment I get to the site in London to get tipped and away then I’ll be doing the drop the next day.

Does anyone know how long this infringement will be in my card for and whether a vosa rep would punish me for that?

No, but by the sound of the calibre of your firm they sure as hell won’t back you if the crap does hit the fan.
Thing is mate I know and you know that you did not have a chance to get parked before your time was up, problem is VOSA will also know that and will probably ask why you did not prevent it but carried on regardless.
Not knocking you…just trying to make you feel better. :laughing: :wink:

Having gome over your maximum duty time yesterday it would be prudent to ensure that today’s tacho indicates that you have more than compensated for that over-run. So if the circumstances (too noisy) of where you were able to park up meant that you needed to depart promptly, either at 11hrs or hopefully not at 9 hrs, then you would be wise to park up for a couple of hours today to rest. If you do a print out noting your reasons for an extended break, although it does not count as rest, then if anything does come of your over-run then you have proof that you are aware of the danger of over tired drivers and have deliberately taken extra recuperation time.

ive seen foriegn plated artics parked overnight with curtains closed at the city end of the A13 commercial road. theres usually plenty of space. although i dont know if this is legal to overnight park here
along here google.co.uk/maps/@51.51500 … 312!8i6656

otherwise, try these 2 industrial estates

google.co.uk/maps/@51.51693 … 312!8i6656

google.co.uk/maps/@51.49215 … 312!8i6656

RACHACE:
I’d have happily stayed where I tipped but I wasnt allowed to.

For what reason? Double yellows, security? . . Not knowing that part of London, or any part for that matter, if your out of hours your out of hours, how can you be moved on unless by the police?

Can’t answer your question but what I do suggest is you ring that shower of ■■■■■ you work for and tell them next time you’ll show them who’s really the boss and report them

Stanley Knife:

RACHACE:
I’d have happily stayed where I tipped but I wasnt allowed to.

For what reason? Double yellows, security? . . Not knowing that part of London, or any part for that matter, if your out of hours your out of hours, how can you be moved on unless by the police?

It was a double yellow road that had a holding bay for the site. When the site closes for the day the holding bay is removed from the road so I couldn’t stay in the holding bay whilst the site closed for the night.

It’s partly my own fault. I should have refused to take the 2nd drop until today as I knew when I got to the site that it’d go ■■■■ up. The office though as usual told me to see how it goes as at the time of arrival I still had over 3 hours of a 15.

Got an interview elsewhere on Saturday morning now so that’s hopefully the last time I have that crap last night

cav551:
Having gome over your maximum duty time yesterday it would be prudent to ensure that today’s tacho indicates that you have more than compensated for that over-run. So if the circumstances (too noisy) of where you were able to park up meant that you needed to depart promptly, either at 11hrs or hopefully not at 9 hrs, then you would be wise to park up for a couple of hours today to rest. If you do a print out noting your reasons for an extended break, although it does not count as rest, then if anything does come of your over-run then you have proof that you are aware of the danger of over tired drivers and have deliberately taken extra recuperation time.

The night I got parked up by vosa I had 13 hrs rest instead of the nine I had to have , to show I’d taken on board what they were saying and still ended up in court with a £766 fine , best thing to do is pray you don’t get pulled until it gets wiped off card / tacho unit

dozy:

cav551:

The night I got parked up by vosa I had 13 hrs rest instead of the nine I had to have , to show I’d taken on board what they were saying and still ended up in court with a £766 fine , best thing to do is pray you don’t get pulled until it gets wiped off card / tacho unit

You got £766 fine for an infringement?

Here

Or