Interview....

Got an interview to go to Saturday. :open_mouth:

Never had to do one for years, so just wondering what to wear?

Suit or something work wear ish just in case of an assessment drive etc…?

Smart casual for me every time. Clean combats and a nondescript polo shirt with a clean hi viz in your car. Like you say if you go for a drive a suit is over the top.
Good luck.

Just tell 'em…

You’re really good at cooking burgers at home already.

So you’ll be able to scale it up for McDonalds no problem.

Another good technique is to tell them that you can rope off the extra seating when the restaurant is really slammed and put down one of those pointless yellow ‘don’t slip up on our greasy water’ markers.

here to help

yourhavingalarf:
Just tell 'em…

You’re really good at cooking burgers at home already.

So you’ll be able to scale it up for McDonalds no problem.

Another good technique is to tell them that you can rope off the extra seating when the restaurant is really slammed and put down one of those pointless yellow ‘don’t slip up on our greasy water’ markers.

here to help

Is your nick name thrush ?

5 posts and you wanna…

Call me an irritating little ****.

Oldest joke there is.

Try again junior.

Depends what the job is. Dont want to turn up for a job at the quarry or on a bin wagon wearing a suit, jeans t shirt, hi viz and toe cappers would be appropriate. At the other end of the spectrum somewhere like stobarts that is pretty much an office based interview with an assessment drive in a nice clean wagon i would probably break out the shirt and tie.

I had an interview this week, as I’m currently on nights I knew there wouldn’t be a assessment drive (discussed on the phone beforehand) so I wore a suit, if there was a assessment I would still wear a suit with driving kit in a bag in the car

no need for suits, just clean and tidy, and be prepared for a test drive, at least casual wear is more suited…last time i had an asessment, it was drainpipes and winklepickers… :smiley: :smiley: but they did make me pick up and drop a trailer…and you know what thats covered in…so a pair of overalls comes in handy too.

If an assessment drive is expected ( you should ask if you don’t know) then clean smart workwear is the order of the day. No assessment drive then smart casual although even that can be over the top in some places!

I used to wonder what to wear to interview and it can bug you, especially if you look like a spare prick at a wedding all togged up. My usual tactic now is to actually phone the company and ask what type of interview is it… formal or is it smart practical casual.

I’ve gone to a few and don’t think any were interested in what you wear , just wanted to know if you wanted job and how soon you could start

National dress.

Crocks/flip flops, Tracky bottoms/white combats and football shirt O don’t forgot dirty hi-viz

Goldfinger:
Got an interview to go to Saturday. :open_mouth:

Never had to do one for years, so just wondering what to wear?

Suit or something work wear ish just in case of an assessment drive etc…?

Give your car a clean before you go .