Yesterdays' Minutes' Silence

Did anyone or anywhere (except the radio stations) actually observe it?
I didn’t know anything about it until I switched on the radio, but unlike the armistice one even people parked up carried on with their day.

What did I miss?

Muckaway:
I didn’t know anything about it until I switched on the radio, but unlike the armistice one even people parked up carried on with their day.

Minutes silence for what?

I certainly never but then I never do for these things.

I thought this minutes silence thing was supposed to be to show respect for people who gave their lives for their country or did heroic acts to save others, not for people who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and became victims of crime, it makes no sense to me :unamused:

discoman:

Muckaway:

The Finsbury Park victim.

The radio stations, well Heart FM at-least, held a minutes silence at mid-day yesterday, I don’t agree with it myself but…

tachograph:

discoman:

Muckaway:

The Finsbury Park victim.

The radio stations, well Heart FM at-least, held a minutes silence at mid-day yesterday, I don’t agree with it myself but…

Oh, I didn’t realise. I wouldn’t of participated in the 1 minute silence to be fair. More important things to worry about.

I did not hear it

The minutes silence to remember the millions that went to war for freedom and principles, knowing that they could be killed or injured is admirable.

Tragic as some of the recent events have been, a minutes silence isn’t needed and only devalues the occasions when they are warrented.

At football grounds, minutes silence were reserved for the passing of former players and managers. They were then brought in for tragedies like Hillsborough. Now they’re for fans who’ve raised their profile enough to be in the public eye. As sad as it is when people die, a large scale minutes remembrance isn’t necessary every time and just ends up losing its meaning.

malcolmgbell:
I did not hear it

Thats because it was silent :laughing:

spike78:

malcolmgbell:
I did not hear it

Thats because it was silent :laughing:

The start wasn’t they had to broadcast Big Ben. I used to stop loading trucks when I worked in the gravel pit but I’ve never pulled over for it.

What ■■■■■■ me off is that the lefty libtard media called it a “terrorist” attack, it was no such [zb]ing thing it was one deranged individual with self motivated deluded intent, not a militant, religious or otherwise groups campaign of sustained terror!

It was wrong, it was sickening, it was bloody disgraceful, it was not however a terrorist attack!

It’s about time people woke up and realised it’s not about any of the minorities particular struggles, it’s all just about selling news!

To be honest, the only minutes silence I tend to observe is the one on 11/11.

The rest, which seem to be every other day these days, generally pass me by & I don’t even realise I didn’t bother with it till afterwards.

There are too many.

I jumped back in the truck after filling up in the yard to hear some strange waltz music coming out of my radio followed by an announcement that we now all observe a minutes silence for Finsbury Park etc etc etc. Well there was no “we” in this case, I was for some reason instantly enraged and quickly popped on a Green Day cd at full volume with the windows down. The yard rocked to American Idiot far better than The Sound of Silence.

Reef:
What ■■■■■■ me off is that the lefty libtard media called it a “terrorist” attack, it was no such [zb]ing thing it was one deranged individual with self motivated deluded intent, not a militant, religious or otherwise groups campaign of sustained terror!

It was wrong, it was sickening, it was bloody disgraceful, it was not however a terrorist attack!

It’s about time people woke up and realised it’s not about any of the minorities particular struggles, it’s all just about selling news!

It’s all about being seen to be fair don’t you know

tachograph:
I certainly never but then I never do for these things.

I thought this minutes silence thing was supposed to be to show respect for people who gave their lives for their country or did heroic acts to save others, not for people who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and became victims of crime, it makes no sense to me :unamused:

+1 totally agree

I spoke to one of the forkies who unload my wagon about it,i said exactly what other OPs are saying,about how I thought a minutes silence was for service personnel who gave their lives in wars,now we get it for fires, terrorist acts and so on ,yes what happened at Grenfell,manchester,london was terrible but I don’t think it’s deserving of a minutes silence,it’s getting silly now,i said maybe it’s harsh what I was saying but that’s my opinion,the forkie reckons I was a little harsh,the news teams said most of Britain held a minutes silence for the fire and the atrocities,did they,not what I saw,i like others got on with our jobs at the time stated.

rememberance sunday type minutes silence is well admirabe.finsbury park was off my radar and i was unaware of it.id think it was an insult to the brits losing their life in the wars to be even remotely compared to a similar theme.if i was aware of it however,id have been straight into the house for my trumpet and drum kit on principle .thankfully id assume it was a non event apart from the lefty media.the next thing will be waiting to see if stobrats name a truck after them. :unamused:

Another load of b888888s cheapening things cos it’s ■■■■■■■ trendy. Some descriptive words of the English language have been so overused that they now mean nothing and this just adds to the crap.

the maoster:
I jumped back in the truck after filling up in the yard to hear some strange waltz music coming out of my radio followed by an announcement that we now all observe a minutes silence for Finsbury Park etc etc etc. Well there was no “we” in this case, I was for some reason instantly enraged and quickly popped on a Green Day cd at full volume with the windows down. The yard rocked to American Idiot far better than The Sound of Silence.

like it