Fridge or coolbox?

Good evening drivers,been tramping for 6-7 month now and decided I like it,enough for me to start buying a few extras for the wagon,just wondering what people are using for food/drink storage in the hot weather.
Is there a difference between a fridge and a coolbox apart from the price? And what kind of fridge/coolbox are you using/recommending
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the fridge that’s built in to the truck

Cant beat a fridge built in, but Aldi have a 12V plug in coolbox they sell for around £50, its a decent one too

A coolbox will keep cool stuff cool for a limited time. Whereas, a fridge will cool stuff down and keep it there. If that makes sense.

If you can afford it go for a fridge. I have a Waeco tropicool and it’s a brilliant piece of kit. Even last week, with temperatures over 30°C, the contents was ice cold all day long. And I’ve also discovered I can leave it running all weekend and not flatten the trucks batteries.

Pwyll:
A coolbox will keep cool stuff cool for a limited time. Whereas, a fridge will cool stuff down and keep it there. If that makes sense.

If you can afford it go for a fridge. I have a Waeco tropicool and it’s a brilliant piece of kit. Even last week, with temperatures over 30°C, the contents was ice cold all day long. And I’ve also discovered I can leave it running all weekend and not flatten the trucks batteries.

Which model?

Depends on what truck your in etc I used a cool box I got from Asda £30 years ago and it’s still running smooth. It keeps everything 15 below outside ambient temp so if you got the cab aircon on it brings the box temp down really well

What kind of truck are you on mate.
I know where there’s a pull out drawer type out of a DAF going cheap :wink: :smiley:
It’s been put on the ‘For Sale’ part of the forum by a real nice chap. :smiley:

On a scania mate,cheers for that tho

robroy:
I know where there’s a pull out drawer type out of a DAF going cheap :wink: :smiley:

Had a look but cant see it. Have you still got it and if so how much?

Cheers

vwgpmk2:

robroy:

Had a look but cant see it. Have you still got it and if so how much?

Cheers

PM sent to you mate.

Pm sent

With a fridge, get her indoors to cook a chicken Sunday night to take to work, or a beef casserole, when up the road, buy stuff to go with it, such as rustic bread rolls or French baguettes .
Handy to store yoghurt and milk for tea or coffee, but dried powder milk is just as good and doesn’t go off .
Hone made maccaroni cheese in the fridge.

Pwyll:

All depends what driver want keep in cool box or fridge.Fridgegood but main problem who if you keep 1-2 kg frozen meat that you can t keep anything else in fridge.Milk product,slices must just 0-+6.May be can buy fridge with 2 section but I not see .

toby1234abc:
a but dried powder milk is just as good and doesn’t go off .

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

switchlogic:

toby1234abc:
a but dried powder milk is just as good and doesn’t go off .

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

it’s crap in tea no replacement for good old milk !
You might as well use UHT

Although not as good as fresh milk I find those individual portions of UHT milk are quite handy as they don’t go off because there’s nothing worse than pouring fresh milk out of a carton and it comes out in a blob !!

raymundo:
Although not as good as fresh milk I find those individual portions of UHT milk are quite handy as they don’t go off because there’s nothing worse than pouring fresh milk out of a carton and it comes out in a blob !!

Christ on a bike, you’re all barbarians! Fresh milk or no milk, there is no mddle way!

Coffee mate is nice, not in tea though!!

switchlogic:

raymundo:

Christ on a bike, you’re all barbarians! Fresh milk or no milk, there is no mddle way!

Not often. But very very occasionally I agree with Luke. This is one of those times.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I’ve spent a bloody fortune on bits for the lorry this week, it has a factory fridge, but it’s not as big as the one in my Volvo was, so I’ll have to pack carefully and stock up more often.

I needed a new microwave as the cupboard it fits in wasn’t big enough for my old one and a new inverter to power it, I looked at those pure sine wave jobbies, but could only find them at 1000w and my Starbucks espresso machine needs 1450, so I got a 3000w modified sine wave one on sale for less than the price of the 1500w versions. Of course it needed new cables and an inline fuse from the batteries as well and they were as much as the inverter!

Anyway top tip of the day, use a vacuum sealing bag for fresh meat or fish, you can chop it up into the portion size you need and season it before sealing it up and it stays fresher longer and is much nicer as a result. It’s also good for stews or casseroles as you can just boil it in the bag, don’t forget to make a couple of vent holes though or it could get messy.

The vacuum bags are also good for cheese, you can slice enough for a couple of sarnies and seal it up and it won’t go mouldy in less than a day.

Don’t use it on bread though, it will keep it fresh, but it’s surprising how much air is in a loaf of bread, in a vacuum a nice big bloomer will shrink to the size of a small roll, a flat small roll to be precise [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk