Best way to clean out fridge?

The guy who had the unit before spilled some milk in the fridge and it ■■■■■■ stinks !!

I dried it out with kitchen towel and gave it a wipe over with anti bac wipes, which seemed to work for a week or so but now it’s back to stinking again.

It’s that bad that I won’t keep food in there, my drinks have the smell on them when I take them out.

Any advice on how to clean this out properly.

Also the fridge gets wet inside over time is this normal ?

warm soapy water for the smell, get an old towel and lace it on bottom of fridge as this will soak up the water, wash it and dry it and use it again. there are odur things you can put in a fridge for smells but cant remember the name of them

Bicarbonate of soda.It will absorb the stale odours .

When mines off I clean with spray bleach and dry then a bit it of anti bacterial spray to get rid of the bleach smell.

If the trays can be removed take them out and soak them in soapy water or, if you have access to one, a hand held steamer (wallpaper stripers can also be used) which will get into the corners and crevices, wash and dry inside and outside (if the milk has been spilt across the top edge it will contact the outer face and the liners. While the trays are out wash the fridge liners out with soapy water or a weak bleach mix rinse the soapy/bleach solution off, dry and allow to vent.

The wet would likely be condensation, particularly in the past week, you could check the fridge door seals to see if they are damaged or displaced.

You can use bicarbonate of soda in the fridge to combat smells but it will clump as it absorbs moisture and should be changed as and when this this happens.

Thanks people, I’ll give them ideas a try.

Wash the fridge out with bleach (diluted) or vinegar, let dry.
Leave the fridge open when not in use, Asda/ Tesco sell fridge eggs which keep your smells down (active carbon) don’t use any other air freshener as they are not vey good for your health.
Make sure that you cleaned the lid and seals properly.

lemon juice and vinegar is good also…but when not being used the fridge has to be left open.

G101 and Zoflora, leave it open over a weekend.

A.