Agency or Employee?

I have been working through an agency for the last 6 weeks and have been at the same company, 5 days each week for that time. This is expected to continue for several months. I like the company and they are looking for drivers. So, do I join their employed drivers or stay with the agency? Pay would be very similar. Being an employee brings a little more job security but possibly less flexibility in work patterns etc. Wondering what others thoughts on this are. Thanks.

If pay difference is negligible go full time, you can always go back to agency if you change your mind.

Thanks, Adam. That’s the way I have been thinking of going. Company seem okay with taking me on, but not sure how agency will take it. But it is my choice who to work for.

Agencies go quiet from November / December, right through to about April / May…

Being employed, you won’t have to worry - hopefully… :confused:

Goldfinger:
Agencies go quiet from November / December, right through to about April / May…

Being employed, you won’t have to worry - hopefully… :confused:

Pretty much what the company said, use agency up to Christmas then not at all in January and February. Said it was April this year before they brought agency drivers in again. I do think I should go employee, and get the “job security” (fingers crossed).

Go full time Andrew. End of. You’ll marvel when you still get paid when it’s quiet, you’ll be amazed to find you’re still getting paid when on your holiday to Spain, you’ll be thankful if (God forbid) you fall awkwardly and twist your ankle and still receive wages into your bank.

I could go on mate, but I’m sure you get my drift.

I imagine that this will be one of the least controversial threads this year: hardly any downsides.
Re working hours flexibility: if the management seems reasonable, won’t they listen to requests from a full time employee as you’ll then be?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Andrew23:
Company seem okay with taking me on, but not sure how agency will take it. But it is my choice who to work for.

Don’t be too quick to dismiss what the agency wants, the agency will probably have a contract with the client that says the client has to pay the agency if they take you onto their books.

If the company have several drivers from the same agency it probably won’t be a problem because the agency won’t want to lose their business, however if you’re the only driver from the agency they may demand payment from the company and this can cause problems.

Take the job but be a bit shrewd about how you do things :wink:

There are 3 or 4 drivers from this agency at the company. The company have taken drivers on from this agency in the past, and the company have an arrangement with the agency when this happens.

Thanks to all for the feedback, I will pursue joining the company as it feels like the thing to do.