Thick road users

Today I encountered a complete ■■■■ on the road, coming up to a roundabout there’s a car in front holding up progress on to the roundabout due to them being to busy on the phone, once I give a blast of the horn, they thought it would be good to play a game of start and stop with heavy breaking once I’d made progress. Come to the roundabout giving way to the right they thought it a good idea to wait until a car was coming to then pull out in front so I had to wait, once I get out and up the road a bit which is a hill, the ■■■■ had pulled over until I get up and indicate round them to suddenly pull out in front and play start and stop again. Very close to rear ending them but decided against it. Every day I’m meeting ■■■■ like this with no concideration what so ever, seriously thinking off packing it in and doing something else, the job can be stressful enough without these kamakazis out trying to get them self’s killed. Any one else find it like this these days

Yes, there was a ■■■■ on the m5 last week pulling a morrisons trailer, I went to over take him and got cab to cab then I herd him drop gears and take off. Done this twice… why? I hope he’s on here and liked the gestures I gave him and hoped he would pull in but as I thought he was a coward with a pea for a brain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s millions of morons out there and they’re at the wheel of all sorts of vehicles.

They almost never affect me because i refuse to aid their deviant ■■■■■■ climax by playing their games.
The stop starter, just back right off and if necessary come to a full stop with hazards on, eventually he’ll get bored his semi will go down and he’ll mince off.

Juddian:
There’s millions of morons out there and they’re at the wheel of all sorts of vehicles.

They almost never affect me because i refuse to aid their deviant ■■■■■■ climax by playing their games.
The stop starter, just back right off and if necessary come to a full stop with hazards on, eventually he’ll get bored his semi will go down and he’ll mince off.

Wise words.

I was chatting with a mate a week ago or so about using the horn. I reckon I beep the horn more at people who wave on bridges than I do for any other reason! :laughing: I’m always disappointed if there are kids waving on a bridge but a car next to me, as I don’t feel right about beeping for what the car driver would see as no apparent reason.

Someone long ago gave me the advice that if you’re starting to get frustrated/hot under the collar, be extra courteous to other road users for the next few mins and it’ll soon sort your mood out - it certainly works for me!

In a situation as the o/p describes my advice would be to pull in at the first safe place, get out of the truck, have a ■■■/coffee/ a walkaround check of the vehicle or anything at all to take your mind off what’s just happened. It ain’t worth it, so let it go.

Unfortunately I would quite happily kill those who do crap like that to me, but I’m grown up enough to realise that there are consequences for such behaviour and as I’m not prepared to screw my life up just to end theirs I invariably follow my own advice above.

This country is overcrowded and overrun with morons so expect to meet them on a daily basis. As said before just pull up for a few minutes and chill out, let the morons go and no doubt they will meet another moron who does the same to them, karma and all that.

I always think knobs like the car driver mentioned will play their tricks once too often and eventually come unstuck. Just let it be someone else that runs them off the road or punches them on the nose.

robbo99.:
I always think knobs like the car driver mentioned will play their tricks once too often and eventually come unstuck. Just let it be someone else that runs them off the road or punches them on the nose.

Unfortunately it usually works the other way and guess what? The trucker is always in the wrong!
I’ve met a few of these; I was brake tested to 5mph on the M4 because I wouldn’t move over to let a van on (suffice it to say there was nowhere to move to - heavy traffic) and the urge to rear-end him was massive. But it’s just not worth the hassle. Now we have forward facing cameras so it’s all recorded.

i found over the years, the idea was not to use the horn, as it gave them the impression they had wound you up, and do it all the more…so i dont use the horn unless i need to, and dont get frustrated at others mistakes/driving, life is a lot better if i let it go straight over my head…

Juddian:

This. My life changed for the better when I learnt how to let everything wash over me. I don’t blow the horn from one month to next and even then only when there’s a real risk of a bump. Its literally years since I had an altercation with someone on road

I never blow my horn in anger.
One because it sounds like a noddy car and 2 because it’s the reaction people want.

Either completely ignore them, or give a cheery wave with a smile.
They don’t know what to do and pish off.

switchlogic:

Juddian:

This. My life changed for the better when I learnt how to let everything wash over me. I don’t blow the horn from one month to next and even then only when there’s a real risk of a bump. Its literally years since I had an altercation with someone on road

I only ever blow the horn for it’s intended purpose, to warn other road users of my presence, like the other day when a car started to drift from lane 3 into my lane through th m6 roadworks. A quick pip on the horn and they quickly moved back, it wasn’t used in aggression like how most use it.

End of the day, if your able to blow your horn and start shouting and swearing then clearly an incident has been avoided and it won’t matter in 5 minutes so just let it wash over and crack on ready for the next one.

Ever watched those Youtube dashcam videos when you have the plank of a lorry driver leaning on the horn for at least 5 + seconds? They are using the age old drivers code of “Please kind Sir, punch me in the [zb]ing face… hard!”

Tucker9037:
Yes, there was a ■■■■ on the m5 last week pulling a morrisons trailer, I went to over take him and got cab to cab then I herd him drop gears and take off. Done this twice… why? I hope he’s on here and liked the gestures I gave him and hoped he would pull in but as I thought he was a coward with a pea for a brain.

Think I met the same ■■■■, did exactly the same with me but on the second attempt to pass him I noticed a slightly slower moving caravan about a mile ahead so I sat beside him while he accelerated away again. However he only managed to get half a trailer ahead when he started indicating to come out . I held my position and he had to slow down and come out behind me. should have seen the hand signals he gave me .

Razzman1:

Tucker9037:

Think I met the same ■■■■, did exactly the same with me but on the second attempt to pass him I noticed a slightly slower moving caravan about a mile ahead so I sat beside him while he accelerated away again. However he only managed to get half a trailer ahead when he started indicating to come out . I held my position and he had to slow down and come out behind me. should have seen the hand signals he gave me .

Yayyyyy I hope it was him. Total bell-end

Rowley010:

switchlogic:

Juddian:

I only ever blow the horn for it’s intended purpose, to warn other road users of my presence, like the other day when a car started to drift from lane 3 into my lane through th m6 roadworks. A quick pip on the horn and they quickly moved back, it wasn’t used in aggression like how most use it.

End of the day, if your able to blow your horn and start shouting and swearing then clearly an incident has been avoided and it won’t matter in 5 minutes so just let it wash over and crack on ready for the next one.

I did that the other day to a wagon on the 62 through the roadworks who was continously drifting into my lane. Suffice to say he berates me to move over. No-one is ever in the wrong. Pathetic

I like most of you guys just let it go very rarely do I ever get wound up by these Muppets, however I don’t play with brake checkers if they get it wrong I have no problem with putting them in the barrier! I also believe that there’s an oak tree waiting for these people.