beacon lights

Excalibus:
saw one of those BIG quarry trucks on the back of a class 1 truck the other day, id so wanna try driving one of them looks awsome…

not sure but im guessing you need more than a class 1 licence to move them?

Maybe things have changed or maybe the company didn’t care , but I worked for a company in Grantham called Wordsworth holdings who bought out aveling bar ford who made 40 ton dump trucks ( maybe larger but memory is starting to fade ) , graders , rollers etc , they would test the dump trucks up at ropsley quarry , when Wordsworth took over they wanted to cut costs and didn’t want a fitter ( who knew how to drive them ) and quality
Manager both going up to the quarry , so the story was that the quality manager volunteered to take it up himself , the story was he hit the security gatehouse on way out , and after various phone calls from residents on houghton on rd who’d had there car demolished , coppers involved he was stopped , it was all round the factory so I guess genuine
I do know for sure ( was good mate ) , fitter , that they decided to get there own low loader and get fitter mate through his HGv , he passed and took a dump truck up north and to this day has never driven a Lorry since ( maybe dump truck on site as he’s still fitting ) , but
Not a Lorry on the road
Have a search aveling bar ford . At one time they had row after row of dump trucks at depot , I was a grinder and machined all the axles , gears etc etc , just couldn’t compete with caterpillar so stopped making them
Last I remember they were doing frehauf ( is that how you spell it ) , but did go bust so not sure .