My 1st Post

Hi, Im new here, been driving 7.5t for over 10 years part way threw my class 2 Licience, got many other Liciences to as I deliver Plant Machinery for
My wagon is a 57 plate DAF LF 140 which has ability to lower the back suspension, have a problem the power strearing does not work at very slow monevering speeds ie trying to get out of driveways or 3 way turns and all the exhust brake doess is hiss and not slow. 1st company I worked for thats said I can fix that myself■■? How■■? :open_mouth:

Get to deliver and drive these:

and
these are hard to get on truck when its wet

and

Used to work for Asprey Transport or as its now called Asprey24, 50-60 drops from Cambereley in Surrey to Henfield, Brighton, Burgess Hill and Haywards Heath, mostly fixings or construction material like roofing lead and sash window lead etc in a daf lf long wheel base curtain sider

Welcome to the forum,
Exhaust brakes come in many guises, some good, some not worth the bother, but one tip is to use as high engine revs as possible to make it work harder. drop gears and then apply the exhaust brake. Even on my old 112 I could hold the speed on the descent of most inclines. Not having driven the type of vehicle you have, it is hard to know how effective even this tip will be.

I use this Snooper trucknav s8100 best £500 i ever spent

Twoninety88:
Welcome to the forum,
Exhaust brakes come in many guises, some good, some not worth the bother, but one tip is to use as high engine revs as possible to make it work harder. drop gears and then apply the exhaust brake. Even on my old 112 I could hold the speed on the descent of most inclines. Not having driven the type of vehicle you have, it is hard to know how effective even this tip will be.

Im wondering if it needs power stearing fluid which mean tipping the cab forward but in previous jobs I’ve had the driver was never aloud to do that themself and I got no clue as to how do it either I got a HND in Electrical Electronic Engineering, in short I can build a PC but anything mechanical im clueless lol :laughing:

ahh, ok sorry…

Another question I have I looked at the website but still not sure, I have a shell fuel card and a “UK FUELS” card? where can that be used I asked in a BP an Esso garage all say no? my boss dont even know?? :unamused:

ahh your one of those ignorent types no words just unhelpfull and impolite image. fine… there are other websites

Excalibus:
Another question I have I looked at the website but still not sure, I have a shell fuel card and a “UK FUELS” card? where can that be used I asked in a BP an Esso garage all say no? my boss dont even know?? :unamused:

ukfuels.co.uk/view-network/

Excalibus:
I use this Snooper trucknav s8100 best £500 i ever spent

You spent about £425 more than you needed to.

Excalibus:
Hi, Im new here, been driving 7.5t for over 10 years part way threw my class 2 Licience, got many other Liciences to as I deliver Plant Machinery for
My wagon is a 57 plate DAF LF 140 which has ability to lower the back suspension, have a problem the power strearing does not work at very slow monevering speeds ie trying to get out of driveways or 3 way turns and all the exhust brake doess is hiss and not slow. 1st company I worked for thats said I can fix that myself■■? How■■? :open_mouth:

Get to deliver and drive these:

and
these are hard to get on truck when its wet

and

Exhaust brakes need sufficient revs to make them useful. As for the steering there is some issue there that needs attention but in the meantime you might find giving it a little bit more throttle in these situations might help. I also wonder if you might be overloading the front axle.

Which is what I explained to the OP in my first post… with no response !
I think the mods need a clear out of multiple account holders!

tachograph:

Excalibus:

ukfuels.co.uk/view-network/

yeah i seen that but when you go to one of those places (i ask before filling) they say no.

Excalibus:
ahh your one of those ignorent types no words just unhelpfull and impolite image. fine… there are other websites

Only been here a day and already throwing his toys out of the pram :laughing: :unamused:

Just fill in a defect sheet for the vehicle: ‘Power steering ineffective at low speed’. While low fluid may well be the cause this is usually accompanied by a howling noise. A vehicle of that age which clearly goes off road has the very common potential for various bits which are supposed to rotate to start seizing up due to lack of lubrication.

raymundo:

Excalibus:

Only been here a day and already throwing his toys out of the pram :laughing: :unamused:

Erm not really, its just I dont get the nodding donkey person, hes probably an imuture little boy whom posts for attention or on some kind of illeagle medication, but thank you for all those whom have replied with sensible replies.

As in the defect book there are 4 used ones in the truck with the drivers copy. I dont think bosses even read them. Heck been there now 6 weeks boss aint even asked for my tacho card to be scanned?

Power steering pump probably banjoed failing that steering box, column uj’s all can get weary with time.

You can use euro she’ll cards in esso and Texaco
Hth

Excalibus:

raymundo:

Excalibus:

Erm not really, its just I dont get the nodding donkey person, hes probably an imuture little boy whom posts for attention or on some kind of illeagle medication, but thank you for all those whom have replied with sensible replies.

As in the defect book there are 4 used ones in the truck with the drivers copy. I dont think bosses even read them. Heck been there now 6 weeks boss aint even asked for my tacho card to be scanned?

Give 'm enough rope…

wish i could give you some rope… :smiling_imp:

Is that an innuendo ?