Benefits of going LTD as an agency driver

dandyhighwayman2:

Andrew.simmons:

dandyhighwayman2:
A lot depends on your age I’m 57 and on the slow down to retirement been ltd for 6 years and wouldn’t go back PAYE at any cost enjoy what I’m doing telling agencies NO when I don’t fancy the job they offer and get work 5 days a week unless I decide to take the odd week off or the odd month and don’t have to answer to anyone.
My rates are between £ 11/13 Mon /Fri.
I have an advantage over most as I do my own Incorporation,VAT,confirmation statement and self assessment which is a big saving to me and the only accounts my accountant does is corporation tax and he don’t charge a lot.
Its about making a profit and limiting your costs so if your not prepared to do what I do its not worth doing.

Only £11-£13? I was on £12 an hour PAYE via agency. Im on £11 now with a permanent job, £17.50 an hour if I pull a 5th shift no matter what day it is on.

My last permanent job was £7.15 an hour and having to do over 60 hrs and sometimes all week away to earn a decent crust… got mates on no more than £9.50 permanent jobs…don’t know any agencies around the East Midlands paying decent PAYE rates.

Kin hell thats awful. I used to think £9 was bad when I lived in Mansfield back in 2012!