another one bites the dust

well thats me done and dusted,
After thirty five years of trucking, Applied for and got a job delivering grocery’s in a 3.5 ton van,
it got to the stage when i really couldn’t take any more abuse of security guards, planners, other road users
Etcetera Etcetera to all you fellow truckers i can only doff my cap The next time you get out of bed at silly oclock
ready for the daily onslaught of the usual dimwits, Take a moment to reflect on where your life is heading, because all
to soon you will be in my position kids grown up and gone with no bond, type two diabetes and a marriage hanging by a thread
Maybe i might get a bit of life back, good luck people

I too can totally relate to your situation and dilemma. I have been thinking of doing the very same thing!!!

Good luck fella!

You and EB should hang out, you could talk about the good old days, when you used to be truckers, :laughing:

Good luck mate. Get out and chill.

keepthefaith:
well thats me done and dusted,
After thirty five years of trucking, Applied for and got a job delivering grocery’s in a 3.5 ton van,
it got to the stage when i really couldn’t take any more abuse of security guards, planners, other road users
Etcetera Etcetera to all you fellow truckers i can only doff my cap The next time you get out of bed at silly oclock
ready for the daily onslaught of the usual dimwits, Take a moment to reflect on where your life is heading, because all
to soon you will be in my position kids grown up and gone with no bond, type two diabetes and a marriage hanging by a thread
Maybe i might get a bit of life back, good luck people

But as a van delivery driver you’ll still come across planners and other road users :confused:

Good luck .
I spent 10 years doing what your about to do and I got fed up with crazy planning with your hole day planned to the minute and getting talked down to by customers after carting it up to the 37 floor

Good luck fella start my home delivery lark this week,must be catching lol.

Lloydie:
Good luck .
I spent 10 years doing what your about to do and I got fed up with crazy planning with your hole day planned to the minute and getting talked down to by customers after carting it up to the 37 floor

Where it that because the tallest one I can find is the 31 storeys one in Glasgow ?

I’m sure there used to be a young woman on here who used to do Sainsburys in Cornwall somewhere, domestic deliveries.

raymundo:

Lloydie:
Good luck .

Where it that because the tallest one I can find is the 31 storeys one in Glasgow ?

And the last of them blocks were knocked down in 2015

I’ve done both but much prefer the Artics to multi-drop in a van. Basically because I’m a lazy ■■■■ and van deliveries was hard work, especially to Flats

I did recently tell my boss though that the day they introduce driver facing cameras into the trucks (which they have said will happen at our place soon) is the day I quit and go back to the vans.

My mate has just told his lot he’s reverting back to 3 days a week ( tues- thurs) from 4 days , as he said that’s 45 hrs and by the time he starts to get stressed out / wound up by the job the weeks over with .

Jimmy McNulty:

raymundo:

Lloydie:
Good luck .

And the last of them blocks were knocked down in 2015

It was in brum 20th floor but when your lugging up 30kg up 40 flights as the lifts are out it might as well be 100th floor [emoji85]

Delivering to a store the other day and was chatting to a dot com driver loading up his van, I asked him how many deliveries he had, 15 he said, I asked if that was for the day and he said no just the am deliveries.

■■■■ that, that’s a weeks work for me.

Good luck to ya though OP, horses for courses an all that.

If you can’t take the abuse from security staff and planners then how are you going to take it from the general public. You’re dealing with a lot of middle class, snobby, see you next tuesdays who’ll treat you like you’re something dripping off a toilet brush. Do you really want to tell these tossers that some student worker in the shop has substituted their Luxury brand preserve with a jar of Hartleys. Can you politely smile and apologise when these arrogant tossers are whinging and hurling abuse at you because there’s something wrong with the order or you parked in the wrong place on their driveway. If you’re a subservient who is happy to bend over and spread your cheeks several times a day then this is the job for you. Otherwise if you’ve a brain in your head and have the balls to stand up for yourself then you should forget about delivering groceries to the public. I for one treat people like they treat me and have no problems hurling twice as much abuse back so I wouldn’t last a day in that job before being sacked.

maurice:
If you can’t take the abuse from security staff and planners then how are you going to take it from the general public. You’re dealing with a lot of middle class, snobby, see you next tuesdays who’ll treat you like you’re something dripping off a toilet brush. Do you really want to tell these tossers that some student worker in the shop has substituted their Luxury brand preserve with a jar of Hartleys. Can you politely smile and apologise when these arrogant tossers are whinging and hurling abuse at you because there’s something wrong with the order or you parked in the wrong place on their driveway. If you’re a subservient who is happy to bend over and spread your cheeks several times a day then this is the job for you. Otherwise if you’ve a brain in your head and have the balls to stand up for yourself then you should forget about delivering groceries to the public. I for one treat people like they treat me and have no problems hurling twice as much abuse back so I wouldn’t last a day in that job before being sacked.

^^^^ succinct and to the point. :grimacing:

maurice:

Tell it like it is [emoji106].
Except it’s every delivery (25+)

Good luck, and though it’s not everything won’t that be a big pay cut?

I looked at grocery deliveries a while back and apart from ocado couldn’t find one offering enough hours or pay rate to make it worth leaving my current catering job.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk