Job hunting

Looking for a new challenge …

HGV Class 1 driver…Allmi unlimited capacity, category D1+E & CSCS card

Currently doing Hiab work (which I enjoy) happy to do low loader/flatbed. Looking for Monday-Friday, happy to tramp, weekends free to due wife’s work (although some weekends are possible through agreement by both parties)

NO Agencies pls, Permanent work only
Thank you

Well a D1+E won’t give any relevance to drive a C+E. and if your looking at getting into truck driving I think you can’t choose to be too picky.

Have you considered a nautical career?

Then you could call yourself seaman Stains

Coat, hat …taxi

And don’t forget Roger the cabin boy…

discoman:
Well a D1+E won’t give any relevance to drive a C+E. and if your looking at getting into truck driving I think you can’t choose to be too picky.

The D1+E the OP refers to is the category on their hiab licence. I am assuming the D is for unlimited, the 1 is for hook and the E is for a remote control.
As the OP stated they are class 1 so obviously have a C+E driving licence.

dreamingofoz:

discoman:

The D1+E the OP refers to is the category on their hiab licence. I am assuming the D is for unlimited, the 1 is for hook and the E is for a remote control.

tin hat on.

you do not need a licence for a hiab. it is a certificate to say you have been trained to use one to a satisfactiory standard, you are mot commiting any form of criminal offence by not having a certificate,when you operate one, it just the ■■■■■■ safety ■■■■’s(construction cartels) at nearly all sites, like to know you have been trained,

Top exception loads delivered from Europe, were truck has hiab/self load ability, driver never gets asked.

biggriffin:

dreamingofoz:

discoman:

tin hat on.

you do not need a licence for a hiab. it is a certificate to say you have been trained to use one to a satisfactiory standard, you are mot commiting any form of criminal offence by not having a certificate,when you operate one, it just the [zb] safety ■■■■’s(construction cartels) at nearly all sites, like to know you have been trained,

Top exception loads delivered from Europe, were truck has hiab/self load ability, driver never gets asked.

No tin hat needed, Your quite right it’s not a licence and just a certificate to say you’ve been trained. But it’s not just the euro drivers that don’t get asked for proof of training, I’ve been delivering to building sites and merchants with a lorry mounted crane for 6 months now and never been asked for my allmi card or test certificates for the crane.

dreamingofoz:

D1+E is minibus and trailer isn’t it?

isaac hunt:

dreamingofoz:

D1+E is minibus and trailer isn’t it?

Yep.

Get on Facebook if not already there…

I’ve only just recently joined FB… Then joined a few HGV groups…

Never knew there was so much out there WITHOUT going the agency route (so far) for being a newly passed C+E driver…

Rang / emailed / CV’d loads of places, and some have replied…

Just waiting for the second call from them to go and see them…