Fradley park palletways best and quickest route

Going to palletways at fradley park with 16ft trailer on night trunk starting next week .im new to class 1 driving trying to get some class 1 driving experience and first time going their . I’ve been looking at google I’ll be coming up the m1 onto the m6 what is the quickest route and best route without going on m6 toll road looks like coming of m6 at j4 onto the a446 follow that onto the a38 till the exit for fradley park

Follow the M6 signs for M6 toll and M42 North, I go to Fradley Park now and again and use this route to the A5 at Tamworth services, A5 to the A38 then north up the A38 to the sign for Fradley Park itself. A tad longer but no bridges to worry you. 446 is ok too but a few more junctions and roundabouts to negotiate.

i seen a sign on the A38 between Lichfield and Fradley Park tonight saying
This road will be closed overnight from June 26 to July 7 , which makes the above routes not so straight forward
but i am not sure if it is on about the A38 , or the slip road , (a5192 into Lichfield)
when they put the road closed next week sign at the top of a slip road next to the main dual carriageway its never clear what road they are referring to

One from stupid place.If driver don t have helmet(safety cap not accepted) that they give new one and charge 10 quit for company.But this helmet price about 4 quid.

Twoninety88:
Follow the M6 signs for M6 toll and M42 North, I go to Fradley Park now and again and use this route to the A5 at Tamworth services, A5 to the A38 then north up the A38 to the sign for Fradley Park itself. A tad longer but no bridges to worry you. 446 is ok too but a few more junctions and roundabouts to negotiate.

^^^^^ spot on

Andrejs:
One from stupid place.If driver don t have helmet(safety cap not accepted) that they give new one and charge 10 quit for company.But this helmet price about 4 quid.

Post of the day. :smiley:

Watch the forkies like a hawk !
I was there loading one day and he dropped a bathroom suite off the forks at bed height I was in a 26t rigid so that was 5 ft , Then tried to load it with out taking any pictures or saying any thing !
A swift phone call sorted it

FRADLEY PARK, best route? … the route home.

Watch your curtain rails, they like to smash them up too.

Horrible place, get given a site map from security at the entrance.
The map was designed by a five year kid high on crack.
It has numerous colours on it that are routes of where to go, makes no sense.
End up in wrong area.
If caught standing on trailer bed floor, end up on naughty step.
And get banned or watched by cctv .
On the plus side if out of time once loaded, can park on wasteground, right out of gate, second left to their other depot .

They’re also very good at trapping the curtains against the floor when loading the last pallets at the back of the trailer :unamused: