Argos taking the Micky

Winseer:
There are lots of so-called “Incentive Schemes” about that encourage employees to come up with money-saving stuff.

Of course, as previously stated in the post above - the company will do nothing for about a year, and then claim it was their idea all along when actually implementing anything.

Alternatively, a really strong idea that one attempts to nail down a PROPER bonus for - is filed in the dustbin immediately, regardless of how much it makes.
The best money-making ideas often involve “shedding a few managers” or “getting some managers to do a more efficient job” - that’s why! :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

I came up with one idea of my own - which was to buy fuel for the re-stocking of the derv bunker on the day of the week when the price of Fuel on the commodity markets is the lowest. Hardly rocket science, but do you think I could get the manager “buying” to care enough to even check out the freely available price on the internet? - Nope.
I got fobbed off which this notion that the price paid is some “contract price” that never varies. Really? - So with Fuel down nearly 20% this past month - the fuel delivery contractors are still charging the same for bulk fuel orders as they did around Easter Time - and these people book in the refills at such prices without argument or any attempt to shop around?

Gasoline RBOB Cash Futures Price - Barchart.com

Hmm… “Ways for a companies to hemorrhage money number #63

Does your company get a tax rebate form the government? Sometime s paying less actually costs more int he long run. And as long as you get paid your wage who cares if they make or lose. Kent as long as your role is secure screw the management.