What a week to be suspended from work

newmercman:
The check to see if the trailer is empty thing really gets on my ■■■■, the law if the land presumes innocence until proven guilty, opening trailer doors to prove you’re not guilty is an infringement of civil liberty.

However it’s in the site rules and by entering the site you do agree to it. I presume the same applies to drug and alcohol testing, if it’s company policy and you enter their premises, then you accept all the T&Cs.

It’s ridiculous that things are that way, all you’re trying to do is your job and you end up entering a contract if sorts every time you enter a company’s premises, but it is what it is, personally I would be as obstructive as possible, without being belligerent about it, but at the end of the day, we’ve all got bills to pay, principles are great, but they won’t pay the mortgage or feed the kids.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

The checking of the trailer might be because they’ve had warehouse staff load a pallet or two on the sly, maybe even without the driver knowing. The truck and trailer get noted and then followed to wherever then robbed. Might sound far fetched but you know what boardrooms are like. The places that seem to do stuff like that are the ones that deal with high value, easy to get rid of items like booze and electronics.