Honest Answer Required

yorkshire terrier:
We once got a female driver at a place I worked,to be fair she did say she always needed to be done for 3pm for the kids but still they took her on :open_mouth:
Anyway she always got done for 3pm even if it ment bringing loads back refusing jobs etc,she wouldn’t work weekends as she was a “single mother” and wouldn’t go to tight delivery drops.
Anyway fair enough BUT we had a male driver who had his kids ever other other weekend,he would do any job given to him,he would work every other Saturday and only asked to be home on the Friday that it was his weekend with the kids,he didn’t ask to be done early just home Friday.
Well the office made this difficult every time for the poor sod until he eventually said why can you always manage to get her done for the kids but not me■■?
The managers reply was “well she is a single mother”
Equality don’t make me laugh.
On the other hand I know some cracking female drivers who know the score with the job.
But that scenario is blatant ■■■■■■ discrimination against a fella in my view

So we have Driver F who who clearly sets out when they will work, the company agrees to it, and Driver F sticks to it…

and Driver M who never says no to the office…

Of course Driver M is going to get messed around, and no office wonk is going to admit that they are only giving Driver M hassle because they know they can, so out comes the old “well she is a single mother” excuse. Clearly the office wouldn’t bother pushing Driver F because their lorry would still arrive back in the yard at the same time every day.

Seems more like a case of TNUK’s famous backbone vs. no backbone