24v Truck Fans

Any decent, not stupidly priced fans on the market? Someting to cool you down so sleeping is more comfortable in this weather.

Yea it’s horrible I currently just put the air conditioning on with does a amazing job it’s gets that cold I can see my breath

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that I use one in the USA because I have A/C running whenever I want but I was parked next to a guy who has a tight fisted boss and his A/C wasn’t working, he bought a small 12v fan that clipped to his window and ran all night blowing cool air into his sleeper, it had been running for 12 hours and didn’t drain the battery, the make was ‘Truck pro’ and I think they make 24 v vesions.

When it’s to hot it’s not worth it as it just blows warm air round the cab, run the air con instead mate!

tango boy:
When it’s to hot it’s not worth it as it just blows warm air round the cab, run the air con instead mate!

Not an option on all trucks though.As our euro 6 dafs have engine cut off.After about 5mins…Plus if your firm runs a fuel bonus scheme like ours…Then engine idle is set at mins…i use a normal desk top fan run through my 300watt inverter.Does the job.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

daftvader:

tango boy:

Not an option on all trucks though.As our euro 6 dafs have engine cut off.After about 5mins…Plus if your firm runs a fuel bonus scheme like ours…Then engine idle is set at mins…i use a normal desk top fan run through my 300watt inverter.Does the job.

That’s what I have a desk top fan which I run through the big inverter :sunglasses:

daftvader:

tango boy:

The Merc also has a cut out system, but there are ways and means if sat for a while in unbearable heat.
(Maybe not when parked at night for the benefit of the guys parked next to you, and also not if you are a H&S fanatic.)
Wheels chocked, trailer brake on, handbrake off,… job done.

robroy:

daftvader:

tango boy:

The Merc also has a cut out system, but there are ways and means if sat for a while in unbearable heat.
(Maybe not when parked at night for the benefit of the guys parked next to you, and also not if you are a H&S fanatic.)
Wheels chocked, trailer brake on, handbrake off,… job done.

Ahhh.Ways and means round it then…Unfortunately our lot run one of these poxy fuel bonus schemes wich takes into account engine idling.So allow 2mins before turning it off and restarting the dam thing…

In the Merc I’m on I just put the night heater on lo and turn the fan up

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

another foolproof method which has the added bonus of using no energy source and thus protecting the enviroment around us is as follows…use your old piece,or kfc etc as bait to feed in the seagulls.as they come closer and braver,then just grab the nearest one…drag it in,close the window and relax in your energy saving fan batters itself silly against the windows trying to escape,whilst providing that sought after relaxing breeze as you drift into a cool slumber.tried and tested and a definate winner in my book… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:
another foolproof method which has the added bonus of using no energy source and thus protecting the enviroment around us is as follows…use your old piece,or kfc etc as bait to feed in the seagulls.as they come closer and braver,then just grab the nearest one…drag it in,close the window and relax in your energy saving fan batters itself silly against the windows trying to escape,whilst providing that sought after relaxing breeze as you drift into a cool slumber.tried and tested and a definate winner in my book… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Bit noisy though and maybe a tad messy lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

tango boy:

dieseldog999:
…use your old piece,or kfc etc as bait to feed in the seagulls…

… and maybe a tad messy …

You’ve just reminded me of this video … youtube.com/watch?v=suYz5SHFHyA I

I don’t find this video funny btw, in fact it [zb]ing infuriates me, goddamned if that was one of my kids that pulled a stunt like that!!!.. I’ll just leave it at that!

Reef:

tango boy:

dieseldog999:
…use your old piece,or kfc etc as bait to feed in the seagulls…

… and maybe a tad messy …

You’ve just reminded me of this video … youtube.com/watch?v=suYz5SHFHyA I

I don’t find this video funny btw, in fact it [zb]ing infuriates me, goddamned if that was one of my kids that pulled a stunt like that!!!.. I’ll just leave it at that!

Shouldn’t laugh at the baby being ■■■■ on lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i worked for a firm that pulled us for excessive idling…they soon learned when they got a call ( at home in bed ) at 0400 to say the batteries were dead, and cost them £350 for a jump start ( in a layby ) as i explained…i had to recharge my batteries as during the evening i run my Fridge, Heater ( winter time ) kettle, phone charging, and of course my dvd/tv…prior to my bollockings, i use to run the engine…then they told us not to, i think that week it cost them over £2000 in recovery fees…they left us alone after that…they finally got the message as to who knows best.

If your trucks have a engine cut out just put the revs up or the PTO in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to use a 24v fan but plugged it into a12v socket. NIce and quiet but still did its job just slightly slower

Popped into CEF (City Electrical Factors) today as we needed a new desk fan at home and I couldn’t be ar5ed to drive into town (Industrial estate is closer) and noticed they also had USB powered fans there, seeing as most trucks have a USB socket nowadays (or at the very least you can get a USB adaptor for the ciggie socket) I wondered if they’d be a viable alternative to the 12/24v truckstop rubbish?

Reef:
Popped into CEF (City Electrical Factors) today as we needed a new desk fan at home and I couldn’t be ar5ed to drive into town (Industrial estate is closer) and noticed they also had USB powered fans there, seeing as most trucks have a USB socket nowadays (or at the very least you can get a USB adaptor for the ciggie socket) I wondered if they’d be a viable alternative to the 12/24v truckstop rubbish?

They are alright but don’t expect the world from them, although be careful what adaptor you plug them into. They can pull more current than your standard phone charger etc.